Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELLO!

Hey All,
    Haven't posted much since the holidays. (ok, y'all can stop clapping!!) I suppose I am in the January blues. My daughter and grand daughter have gone home, and my husband is sick and I have to take care of him. The weather is gloomy and cold, well ok, cold to me. You have to consider that when it gets to 65 degrees I bring out the electric blanket. Nothing is interesting enough to post and I am soooo bored!! Anyway, just wanted to say "hey".

Re: HELLO!

Hey...Yourself!!! You'd be in even worse "blues" here in Indiana. We had 9-10" of snow, & I've been shoveling & scraping, etc. The cold even today is bitter, with sunshine. We are expecting warmer temps tomorrow & rest of week, up to 49 degrees by Friday. I wear many layers of clothing, to such an extent, that when went to doctor's the other day, I weighed much more than usual, as I didn't want to take off boots, or peel off the layers!!! Otherwise, am in pretty good shape. I use a down blanket on my bed as well. Very toasty, without electricity.

Joan

Comment

Well, I don't think you would be any happier here today as the thermometer has climbed to 43degC. Our A/C has been going since 9.30am. These are record temperatures. Unlike what a lot of people overseas think, this kind of heat doesn't happen all that often in Australia. People forget that this is a continent not just a country and temperatures can vary wildly.

Elda

Comment

Originally posted by Diane View Post
        Hey All,
        Haven't posted much since the holidays. (ok, y'all can stop clapping!!) I suppose I am in the January blues. My daughter and grand daughter have gone home, and my husband is sick and I have to take care of him. The weather is gloomy and cold, well ok, cold to me. You have to consider that when it gets to 65 degrees I bring out the electric blanket. Nothing is interesting enough to post and I am soooo bored!! Anyway, just wanted to say "hey".
        Hi Diane,

Happy days to you and your family, here is something to blow away the "blues' while you are giving hubby 'Tender Lovin' care'

Last edited by 1938 Observer; 7 January 2013, 23:50. Reason: spelling error.

Comment

I don't know where in Texas you are. I lived in San Antonio for a while. When I got really bored I would head down to the markets for some really good TexMex. I hope your husband gets to feeling better soon.

As far as 65F. I think if it reached 65 in my part of Wyoming this time of year, I would pass out from the heat.

Comment

Replying to this thread because I like the title, "hello"...southern Ontario has snow up to the ying-yang and more expected. I was thinking we are not an active bunch but perhaps the ones here are and I am not paying enough attention but there are a lot of topics.......retired ten years ago and finding there are not enough hours in the day to do all I want, mind I do waste a lot of time daydreaming.....this snow might force a cancellation of my afternoon in Blenheim for duplicate bridge....a date tomorrow for dinner, a very charming lady in her late eighties, and she has never tried "Andy's Diner" for his panzarotti.
            Just had a call concerning "duplicate".........cancelled, bloody conservatives "privatized" snow removal and three inches is no longer easy to deal with......

Comment

It's snowing in Chatham right now but not too bad. We miss the lake effect snow here but London and Sarnia get quite a bit. I headed out yesterday and stocked up on groceries so no need to head out until after the weekend.

Mind you I'm heading out the Michigan on the 15th so hoping it's all cleared up by then.

Alastair

Comment

Well, I'm hunkered down again! Got a darned blizzard coming in to dump a foot or more of snow on all the big piles of branches and logs that are still lying along the roadside from Hurricane Sandy. I do a wide turn into the opposing lane to get in my driveway now so narrow from the piles of debris on either side. Well, I know how my morning will be spent. Catch you all next week maybe!

Comment

CNN is making a feature of the snow storms and certainly Boston looks to be the worst affected.

Alastair

Comment

Hello Alistair:

Well, it seems this area has been reassessed down to a foot and winds not so strong. I'll take it! But Boston is in for a heck of a whacking - white-out conditions with black-outs as power will go out with the ferocity of the winds predicted.

Comment

Earlier today looking for a handout.

Comment

How about I send you lot some heat and humidity...that will melt he snow...Usually by feb we look forward to the cooler months...this year is no exception..
                        Euan..

Comment

I went to the NOAA website this morning and it showed Texas might be in for a bout of bad weather. Keep your head down and stay safe.

Comment

It's all just to get me worried about my flights getting delayed / cancelled this Thursday.
                            Have seen a couple of shots of my front drive and it did not look too bad. Better after Stephen cleared it though.
                            It's even warming up in Manitoba getting ready for when I get out there in early March (yea right!)

Sandy

]

Comment

Have a great trip, Sandy. Hope it meets with your expectations if you get my drift.

Comment

Working...
                              X