Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried and True Cake Recipe

January 12, 2013

A light snow blanketed the ground today. Is there a snow dance? The quiet world even a small amount of snow creates always causes me to feel humbled. The beauty is only equal to the mood that surrounds us.

When Rod and I were first married and living on the prairie there was such an aura of peace and joy all around when the weather was like this. Family feared the "haunted house" where my aunt trageically died. For some reason I never did. It seemed to me the picking up of the women's ways of those who had lived there was natural and almost expected of me, even though no one ever suggested this. I always felt safe there and never haunted.

A gift Cook book held this easy recipe and I've used it for a life time

Best 2 Egg Cake

1/2 C shortening
    1 1/2 C sugar
    1 t. vanilla
    2 eggs
    2 1/2 cup flour
    2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 cup milk + 2 Tablespoons

Cream shortening and sugar together, Beat in two eggs. Mix the flour and baking powder together and slowly add it to the creamed mixture, beating with an electric mixer as you do.
    Add vanilla and milk Bake in a 350 degree oven for 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
    clean.

Tomorrow I'll type the one off the cocoa box I've used for as many years and it is equally as good.
Working...
X