Jack L. Cooke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack L. Cooke

This is an autobiography that I've just posted on the site.

Jack relates how he grew up on a Farm in Ontario and all that happened and then losing his hearing at age 14 due to getting Scarlet Fever. He then relates his time out west around 15 and then back home. He has been a Barber in South London for some 40 years and I have to say I've really enjoyed reading his book and thoroughly recommend it to you.

You can get to the book at http://www.electriccanadian.com/makers/jcooke/index.htm

Alastair

Re: Jack L. Cooke

I got to page 150 reading this online but ended up buying the book so I could read it my comfy armchair. Really enjoyed it and have to say it has made me think. Despite him being deaf he really doesn't mention much about that in his book apart from occasional references.

Alastair

Comment

I emailed Jack to see if he had any texts to do with his deafness and what it was like for him and he kindly sent in an article "The Gift of Hearing" from his other book which you can read at the foot of his page at http://www.electriccanadian.com/makers/jcooke/index.htm

Alastair

Comment

Hi Alastair, I do not see the link for the article from "The Gift Of Hearing", which you say is at the foot of the page (within the link) ?

Also, the link for purchase of the book does not work, or is it just very very slow?

Regards

Ranald
        Last edited by Ranald; 11 February 2013, 16:54. Reason: added a line

Comment

Originally posted by Ranald View Post
          Hi Alastair, I do not see the link for the article from "The Gift Of Hearing", which you say is at the foot of the page (within the link) ?

Also, the link for purchase of the book does not work, or is it just very very slow?

Regards

Ranald
          Hi Ranald,

The link works OK for me, the "Gift of Hearing" link is at the very bottom of the linked page, when you 'hit it' it comes up as a Word document of about 1.8mb

Probably a wayward "Wild Haggis" has invaded your computer.

Gordon

Comment

Gordon, I still cannot see where the extract from "Gift of Hearing" can be found.

Blind Haggis

Comment

Hi Ranald,

Under the illustration of the cover "Looking back over my Shoulder"

This book may be purchased here

Here are some extracts from this book....

The Gift of Hearing ******* is the link to 'click on' to bring up the Word document........My computer knowledge is now exhausted.

Comment

Hi Gordon, not sure if the area in question, was showing on my screen, or I had not scrolled down sufficiently, but it's there now.

Thank you for your patience, and understanding.

First Gear Haggis ( OK..... so it should be Reverse !!) :blush:

Comment

Working...
                X