Ballet in the sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballet in the sky

Got this from a friend! Had to share. ENJOY!

The gentleman flying the 3 kites is in his 80s, and he's from Canada. He comes to the Washington State International Kite Festival every year. His skin is like leather as he normally flies with his shirt off. He is deaf, so when he flies we hold our hands up and wave them for applause. He flies 2 with his hands and the 3rd one is attached to his waist.

You must watch to the end to see the amazing landing of that last kite! I would have those kites so tangled up, you could never get them separated again! And of course, make sure the volume is turned up because the music is wonderful and totally reflects the soaring of the kites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=nr9KrqN_lIg

Re: Ballet in the sky

Absolute perfection, the like of which I have never seen before.

Are there not five kites ? Two in each hand and one on waist.

Many thanks Lizzie...... and your friends who sent it to you.

Ranald
    Last edited by Ranald; 6 February 2013, 17:17.

Comment

Hello Ranald:

Glad you enjoyed. He had one in each hand and one attached to his waist. I have viewed several times and found a great serenity in the ebb and flow of the kites - very relaxing!

Comment

Hello Lizzie:

Yes there are only 3 not 5 kites. I think other people were also flying in the back ground, and that made it look like more than 3...

Any how, a week on Thursday I go for another check on my eyes problems..... so that may help.

Ranald
        Last edited by Ranald; 8 February 2013, 08:13. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hello Ranald:

Happy to hear you are taking care of yourself! Soon you will be reading 6pt.! :wink:

Comment

Working...
          X