Tiny Contribution That Mean Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny Contribution That Mean Life

In the interest of making a tiny contribution to those I love and to friends in the community my best efforts must be to share bits of helpful information. Too bad I’ve been so busy dealing with sickness, failed appliances, property issues, taxes, etc. little time is left for me to do than just the barest of progressive tips.

Here’s a good one: Dr. Oz showed a drink of four stalks celery, a lime, and a cucumber for a delicious drink. Rhonda and I loved it. Earlier, before the cold season hit I opted to buy a 30.00 power drink called, “Fruitein.” at the health food store. I say opted because it did cost dollars. However, the relative ease in simply putting that into a blender allowed me to provide nourishing food, 52 vegetables, for my family’s diet, no matter how miserably sick I was.

Another tip: This is the season for avocados. I stacked them up on the table to ripen and Rhonda and I have had those for our main meal. They are high in Vitamin A, good for bronchioles, and are filling as well. No cooking for me, except for something light for Rodney. Rest has been the factor in my recovery and even though they wanted to put me in the hospital I was able to avoid that.

It has been wonderful to receive the love from family and friends. One old friend of childhood came to sit with me. She wasn’t a bit afraid of my malady. She gave me strength. My son sent a friend to sit with me for two days. My brother chastised me in such a strong way I was humbly obedient to my little brother’s admonition and made it to the doctor, not any too soon, either.

Family taking up the mundane chores of grocery shopping, etc. gave me life, literally. So many people deserve my thanks from hospital, doctors, family, friends and on and on. I am thankful for our society no matter how we are criticized about the world, sometimes, for our culture. Literally, I owe my life to the wonderful support I’ve had.

Please pray for my friend, Bobbie and her husband as she struggles to take care of him after his surgery. Bobbie’s roots go back to Scotland and she is an epitome of that strong Scottish woman who with her long red curly hair is a picture of the woman you see in movies of stories about the Highlands.
Working...
X