Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 Things You Can Learn About Love From a Dog!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Things You Can Learn About Love From a Dog!

Banana Joe, an adorable Affenpinscher, won the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show last night. The media raved.

We don’t doubt that underneath his champion exterior lies a loving heart.

We can learn a lot about how to live by watching animals.

For example, ants teach us industry. Cats teach us cleanliness. And dogs, even champion Affenpinschers, can teach us some of the basics of loyalty and love.
    Jewish mysticism teaches that the word “dog” in Hebrew, Kelev, tells us a lot about the world’s favorite pets. Ke’ means with, and Lev means heart, so a dog’s primary attribute is his loyal and loving heart.

Here are the Top Ten Things You Can Learn About Loving Your Human, From A Dog.

A dog is…

10. Always happy to see his human, no matter how the day has gone.

9. Never turns down an opportunity for joyful play.

8. Always appreciates what his human prepares for dinner and never complains. Doesn’t mind eating food that fell on the floor. (And doesn’t care if it’s gourmet or organic ).

7. Loves a good cuddle.

6. Doesn’t care if his human doesn’t sweep under the bed, complains about taking out the garbage, always forgets his birthday, or never takes him out to dinner; as long as they’re together, that’s good enough.

5. Each and every morning, he greets the day—and his human—with utter delight. He loves to be alive and his joy is contagious.

4. Doesn’t notice if his human hasn’t brushed his teeth or gargled or if he’s gained a few pounds.

3. Never smokes, does drugs, or gets drunk.

2. Still loves his human, even if he or she makes a mistake.

1. Is always loyal and gives his heart forever. (Never goes looking for another human to love.)

Thought this was appropriate for those of us...who have a human to love!

Joan :shamrock:

Re: Top 10 Things You Can Learn About Love From a Dog!

Hi Joan,

I like this one about dogs,I've lost a few over the years and this little poem says it all.

I Stood By Your Bed Last Night

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep. I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear, "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea, You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care. I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key. I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair. I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday. To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew, in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide, I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

- Author unknown

Comment

Gordon...I had one dog, an Airedale named Lacey, whose death was the very most upsetting for me. I knew she was dying, & she was out in her yard, in early AM. I had my neighbor hold my Jack Russell dog, while I carried Lacey into my enclosed back porch, putting her down in a comfortable position. I was working as nurse for a doctor then, & had to leave to go to work. I got off a bit ahead of time, & came home to her already having died. I started digging a grave for her, & my neighbor on west came over with his strong teenager son, & they helped dig Lacey's grave. I cried a lot. My little Jack Russel Cleo, came close to death about 3-4 years ago, & I took her down to the vet who aided her demise. Both of them are buried out here. I am thankful that I am able to have my dogs here, as in cities, there's often an ordinance that disallows burial of dogs. Joan

Comment

I have a Mini Foxie (Matilda), and as she is only a bit over 3yo, i expect to have her for some years. This is the first dog that i have been able to call my dog, and she is totally devoted to me. She will follow me wherever i go,she expects me to play at her will. I do this, no matter how inconvenient it may be for me at the time. She knows the routine of my week, if it's a work day she stays in bed, and has a ball ready when i get home. If it's the weekend she's ready for action, Saturday after breakfast she knows we go for a walk or to the park, same on Sunday.
        When the time comes that she is no longer with us, i really don't know how i will handle it. I try not to think about it..
        I never understood just how much a dog can worm it's way into your heart until i had one.
        The RSPCA animal welfare in Brisbane needed to move to larger and new premises,to help raise funds they offered to put your name on a brick used in the construction of the main building. It came at a cost of $250 which we did, and donate a small sum of money each month to help with the upkeep of the facilities.
        I have to say this small act gives me great joy!
        Euan..

Comment

Our Jack Russell had cancer and 'went to sleep' last October. It was really hard and I have sworn not to get another dog. I was going to bring some of his ashes back here to Ontario with me (he was a Canadian) but it would have been too much of a hassle with getting through security screening. We are going to scatter his ashes up at Morar, beside our Gordon, in the summer.
          Bringing tears to my eyes just writing this - some example of a big 'hard' Scotsman!!!

Sandy

Comment

Working...
          X