The Eagles, Lying Eyes (HD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eagles, Lying Eyes (HD)

Now, many years ago I had someone sing this to me, while sitting at a small table, drinking coffee. I had been so busy with my family (kids), that hadn't truly been introduced to the Eagles. I can sing along with this one. (don't worry, unable to do so here!) By the way, interesting picture/painting!

Re: The Eagles, Lying Eyes (HD)

Love the Eagles and that song. I bought an LP "way back" and most people said "what is that"...
    Still enjoy their music.
    BTW did the term "LP" confuse anyone !!!!~~~

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by sandyc View Post
      Love the Eagles and that song. I bought an LP "way back" and most people said "what is that"...
      Still enjoy their music.
      BTW did the term "LP" confuse anyone !!!!~~~

Sandy
      LP stood for "Long Play" 78 rpm discs could only hold 3 1/2 minutes of music. 45 rmp discs a little more. 33 1/3 rpm discs could hold a little over 20 minutes per side.

Comment

Hey...I already knew what LP stood for, Sandy!! I still have quite a few of them in varied locked/unlocked areas closeby in my study. The thing is...that in order to play one, I have to move a radio, & a small book, & a cloth cover, then open the 33 1/3rd player, put the record on, etc. I need to do a "physical" update on my speakers...some dry rot on coverings. I still do enjoy the LP's, though. I have The Eagles' Greatest Hits, plus Hotel California. And many others. As stated previously on another post, I, having been an AF brat, tend to go through stuff around here, bagging it up, & hauling it to Goodwill on a regular basis. I have two bags going right now. Good Grief!!!

Joan:shamrock:
        Last edited by FriedaKateM; 3 March 2013, 16:15. Reason: punctuation

Comment

I was pretty sure you knew what an LP is Joan~~~
          I have several big boxes of them over here in Ontario and right now my son is digitising the tracks so that the music is more 'portable' so to speak.
          While doing that he has discovered that some of my vinyl is worth quite a bit money e.g. One Rolling Stones LP is worth about £500!!!
          I've told him to be careful with the collection, it is heirloom!!!

Sandy

Comment

I have quite a few as well but haven't listened to them in years... must have a look through them.

Alastair

Comment

You may get a surprise about some of the values.!!!

Sandy

Comment

LIKE WOW!!!!! Although my tastes don't run to the Rolling Stones. Thanks for advising us.

Joan

Comment

The early Beatles stuff is also worth quite a bit (if you happen to be lucky). There are very specific serial / issue numbers that are worth the real money. My "Stones" LP is not the most valuable, with just a couple of numbers difference it could have been £1000! I do not know the website to find the values, but I know there is a very thick book in the UK, for real "geeks" with all the info (I've browsed it in a store). I believe there is a charge to use the website...

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                  X