Little Big Man movie.."A Good Day to Die"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Big Man movie.."A Good Day to Die"

This particular link came up on a newspaper I was reading online this afternoon. After watching this video, I felt that in regard to the subject of death, this was rather funny, and/or touching, however it strikes one. This is Chief Dan George & Dustin Hoffman (much younger in this), both actors: PS: The old man is blind in this video. Just realized that perhaps someone might not know, this movie is based on the history of Custer's Last Stand, I believe, from the Indians point of view. J

Last edited by FriedaKateM; 21 March 2013, 15:26. Reason: add on

Re: Little Big Man movie.."A Good Day to Die"

That was a great movie. I cannot remember when I saw it but it was certainly a long time ago. Hoffman is 'aged' in the movie and is telling the tale (as I recall).

Comment

I have a copy somewhere on DVD. Dan George was gifted at upstaging A and B list actors

Comment

He died in 1981 and the film was in 1970. I really thought it was later than that!!!!
        Long term memory is going, what does that mean!~~~

Sandy

Comment

Somewhere in the news part of referring to this movie, they said that Chief Dan George also was in The Outlaw Josey Wales, with Clint Eastwood. I saw that within the last year, & purchased a paperback to read. However the author, can't think of his name, was spoken of as a real rotten kind of guy. So, so far, I haven't read the book. In my memory, the problem was that the author was in KKK or something similar. (It's pitiful how one's memory only catches certain stuff!!!)

Comment

See this link for the Wikipedia content on the author. That film was from 1976 so you must be doing some 'catch up' with your movies~~~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asa_Earl_Carter

The WWW search engines are all about finding out info such as this...
            Sandy

Comment

Hey, Sandy, am writing this with a large cat on my lap, so hope I can make some sense. I just saw the movie The Outlaw Josey Wales, I believe, last year. When I was a younger person, such as in 1976, my main purpose in life was in bringing up 3 kids, cooking, cleaning, planting, picking & freezing vegetables, canning vegs, raising chickens & rabbits, putting them in freezer for eating, Etc., including pickling pickles & so forth, plus I worked at a job for the Ext. Svc in our county, teaching poorer women with families about nutrition & how to make their $ stretch farther. Some younger women, I taught how to do just normal cooking, like baking. When our TV set broke at that time, roughly, I left it broken as wanted my kids to learn how to be creative in their own ways. We did go camping in the summers a lot, such as going to camp in Cades Cove, at the Smoky Mtns Natl park, and to Texas to visit a friend, to Arkansas, to take a jon boat down the Buffalo River. Went to Nova Scotia via Windsor, CA...past Toronto, into Montreal, up the St. Lawrence, to Trois Riveres, into New Brunswick, & crossed into NS. Camped all the way around NS. In effect, I didn't see many movies during my younger years. I had never heard about Asa Carter, till I looked him up online either. I did like the movie, & that's why I purchased the paperback. Haven't read it yet, although that.....READING...is something I've done all my life.

Comment

All makes good sense to me. I've never been one for movies myself, even though when I was a kid I could get in for nothing. Much preferred being outside and playing, something that kids nowadays hardly seem to do. I suspect that I saw "little big man" on a video at some point.
                I would have loved to have done that trip of yours and maybe get to it yet. Though I doubt that I would be camping (at least my sense of camping (pup tent and sleeping bags).
                I was busy too back in those days and making a living. We were still in Scotland with a farm at our back fence, kids hiding in long grass, and getting into all sorts of scrapes.
                The first think my grandson does when he gets up is put on the TV, which seems to stay on all day. So many channels, so much crap...
                At least this part of the family, where I am visiting, has a huge backyard and access to all sorts of 'nature'. My daughter is even 'crafting' (when she is not on her iPhone!)
                Sandy

Comment

Hey, Sandy...One of the best things about all of the traveling during the summers, is that each one of my kids now is a college grad. One has master's degree. They are all quite successful in their separate lives, of course, am proud of them. However, my life has changed tremendously, as I don't can anything much nowadays. I do freeze some vegs. Don't eat the same way either!! Last trip I took was to Nag's Head, NC to wedding of niece, with my oldest kid. I have camped on my lonesome, though. Usually down at Cumberland Gap, TN/KY. Tks, Joan

Comment

Hi Joan,
                    admit that I have never preserved anything for years (except my good looks!!!). I did help my mother when I was younger but we never did anything like that after I got married. I do all the cooking when I am at home, that way I know what I am eating:laugh2:
                    I love to travel and have been to many places and still do that even in this visit to my daughter in rural Manitoba. When I get back to Scotland my son will be coming over in June. I am looking forward to travelling to all sorts of places with him (maybe even take the boss along).
                    Cumberland Gap brings back memories of an old Skiffle song by Lonnie Donegan (1957 UK hit).
                    Here's a version from the "net"...
                    http://www.last.fm/music/Lonnie+Done...Cumberland+Gap
                    Despite the link name I am pretty sure this is NOT Lonnie.
                    He was a Scotsman who made it "big" in the UK music scene.
                    Sandy

Comment

Working...
                    X