FUTURE SUPERSTAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUTURE SUPERSTAR!

(CNN) -- He was born in the year of the Tiger -- and China's Guan Tianlang will be hoping to mix it with a certain Mr Woods once again after rewriting the history books at Augusta.

While most teenagers take on Woods on their game consoles, China's Guan was busy making history Friday after becoming the youngest ever player to make the cut at a major championship.

The 14-year-old overcame a controversial slow play penalty to qualify for the weekend's action after carding a three-over 75 to leave him four-over for the tournament.

Re: FUTURE SUPERSTAR!

I have been following Guan's progress in the Masters, and i have to say, for a fourteen y/old he certainly has a good game. However i'm not sure someone of that age should be putting so much pressure on themselves. Many other young players have pitted themselves against the Pro's and although have become very good golfers, many have never been outstanding. Tiger Woods may be the exception, Sergio Garcia and Matteo Manassero are two who come to mind.
    There appears to be many golfers emerging from China, mostly it seems to me are women..
    Myself, i have to be an armchair golfer for a while,i seem to have torn a tendon in my left shoulder, hopfully, it should mend soon and i shall be back doing what i enjoy...
    Euan..

Comment

Hello Euan:

Sorry to hear your sad news about the injury. If you're like most avid golfers nothing can be sadder than an injury. Here's hoping for quick recovery and out of your misery.

I agree with you about young athletes participating before emotionally ready for the pressure. Tend to burn out earlier.

Best for a quick return to the greens!

Comment

And an Aussie won the Master which should cheer up Euan!

Alastair

Comment

Yes Al..it was a great win..something no other Aussie has been able to do. And we had 3 other Aussies in the hunt, but just fell short. I'm sure Adam will be a force to be reckoned with in the future.
          Euan..

Comment

Al, i should cheer up a bit at the end of the month, that's when i can get to playing golf..hopefully...I have always been a bit skeptical on Chinese medicine, but acupuncture seems to have helped quite a bit. I will be starting some remedial massage next week, hoping that will help also.
            Euan..

Comment

They usually say that it can take 8 weeks to get over something like this. I know if I ever put by back out it's going to be 8 weeks or so before I'm better.

Alastair

Comment

Well i'm back to some gentle golf practice at the driving range. My shoulder is much better, but still not quite right. Some more golf lessons coming up in a couple of weeks.
                Been watching the Players Championship in Florida which has me fired up to get back and play, but i have to be careful..
                Euan..

Comment

Take it easy with the swing and maybe you will even develop a better stroke. Good luck.
                  Sandy

Comment

Working...
                  X