Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upon Setting up Skype with webcam & mic!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upon Setting up Skype with webcam & mic!!

Recently purchased a webcam/mic with LED lights, thru Amazon, actually from a company in Scotland. I set up the Skype easily, plugged in the webcam/mic. I have tested it & do have capability of sound via the mic. However Skype is telling me that it doesn't detect the webcam, when I test for that. So, overall, I am at a total stoppage. Would like to be able to communicate with my grandkids, kids, & all who have Skype. I did send an email to the manufacturer, as directed on their instruction paper, but haven't as yet, received any answers. (seriously, they are based in Edinburgh!) Anyone have any ideas about what I should do now? :confused:

Re: Upon Setting up Skype with webcam & mic!!

Yes, hop on a plane to Edinburgh and get them to demonstrate it to you:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: Sorry, couldn't resist that:angelic:

Elda

Comment

Did you get an install disk with the web cam? Usually, you must install software for it to work.
      If you like send my your Skype name and I will help you.
      Euan..

Comment

Thanks to all...I gave that up today, as allowed that manufacturer 7 days to respond. Their webcam is a piece of junk. I ordered another today, but this one is cheaper, & from another producer. My audio is great, but still no picture. It's all still plugged in, but I fear that I will take the next step of communicating with Amazon, to see IF I can return it, & get a "wee bit o' cash back!" The newer set ups already have the software installed, at least on some. If the next one does not work, I will have to go to a larger name, & pay oodles of $$$. Appreciate your assist.

Comment

Mine's a Logitech and it wasn't expensive. Can't remember how much it was. At least I had a Logitech until my son pinched it. It came with a disc with which to install it.

Elda

Comment

Giving you all another segment in the Skype saga. I contacted Amazon today, & filled out varied forms with them in regard to the defective webcam/mic. They have a return policy, & I was able to print out two forms online to my printer. One was a label addressed to the nearest Amazon warehouse. Then printed out one to enclose in package, as I hadn't destroyed the original packaging. Packed well, & went to the closest UPS drop off, which was actually an office supply store. They took it in, & will send it out. I'm supposed to get a refund, which of course, I'm glad of!! Hope all goes smooth from now on with another webcam.

Comment

Hey to all my pals on here! Today, an earth shattering event happened. I, finally, having received a cheaper webcam/mic after the above, have just today been able to get both the mic, & the webcam to work. There's a bit of a story behind this! Skype still did NOT detect my webcam. I went into forums (lots) on the Skype community, & today, did what some of the other "civilians" did to have Skype detect webcams. I deleted the up-to-date version of Skype, then downloaded an "older" version. This is what made the difference. It was also advised that one NOT take ANY UPDATES on that account, as IF Skype updates, then once again, the video part disappears. They have some kind of problem with my operating system, plus the same as many other customers! I feel very proud of my tenacity in following this to the end. I also had my computer monitor go out (black) on Apr. 30. Couldn't even go in & check my ES! Nor anything else. So, had to get that done correctly now as well. Feel GREAT. Thought you'd all like to hear from me about this triumph.
              Thanks for silently cheering me on!!! HA!!! Joan

Comment

Hi Joan, very interesting, seems to be typical of the 'big' firms, when they do their own upgrade, they ignore the small ones.

Perhaps they have the 'I wish I had thought of that' and therefore block it'

Ranald

Comment

I had the Skype set up, but until today, I hadn't been able to "call" anyone. Did call my brother in Virginia, & he & I enjoyed talking for a first experience for me on Skype. Good to see him, & his wife, & dog, cat. The weather down there is much better than here, we're coolish & windy. Just thought someone would like to hear about this accomplishment (for me!) Bye...

Comment

Hi Joan, sounds as if you are now all set up and making full use of the product.
                    Good.
                    Sandy

Comment

Working...
                    X