Voice Recognition - Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Recognition - Scotland

It appears that not all Scottish voices are recognised.

Ranald

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU

Re: Voice Recognition - Scotland

Originally posted by Ranald View Post
    It appears that not all Scottish voices are recognised.

Ranald

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU

I had my wolfhounds at a festival in Estes Park in 2009. One of the Scottish pipe bands had been contracted to perform that year. One of the members was interested in the hounds and spent time petting them. I couldn't understand a thing he said. It sounded like he was speaking German with a Scottish accent. One of his band mates had to translate for my benefit. I remember the incident because I think the smallest member of that band was probably 6' 4" tall and weighed in at over 200 pounds.

Comment

On checking the balance in a checking account recently I had to resort to punching in the numbers. Yet when I visit back home I am told I have an accent - meaning American - can't win!!

Comment

I worked in New Orleans with some Canadians. I am the person who was understood and I still cannot figure that out. I don't have an accent. Almost everyone else does~~~

Sandy

Comment

I did have a good chuckle at being rejected. Of course I reasoned the darned yankee machine had been flubberghasted ('u' meant) when confronted with such precise elocution!!!

Comment

On a plane some years ago when my kids were young teenagers, the pilot announced that we were about to land in Glasgow. My eldest turned to the youngest and said, " Just wait....Mum's going to start speaking Scottish soon." :smile::smile::smile:

Elda

Comment

I have found the Scots dialect seems very pleasing to the American ear. Had an amusing incident! I look out for a very elderly neighbor - she took refuge in my house when Hurricane Sandy hit. Anyway, her answering machine malfunctioned and I undid the problem and recorded a new message. One of her friends reacted to the message by asking where she got the recording of the lovely Scottish voice and could she buy it. There's hope for the tongue yet!

Comment

Working...
              X