Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding the old logo as opposed to the NEW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding the old logo as opposed to the NEW!

HI, Alastair...Just thought I'd put in my two cents on the two logos. I think the new one is pretty great. No discussion from me. It's just as good as the first one. Joan :redrose:

Re: Regarding the old logo as opposed to the NEW!

I think we've got the final version now....

Click image for larger version

Name:	electricscotland-trial-colors.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	23571

Alastair

Comment

I'm intending to embed that into the header of the site so will be making a change to the top menu to accommodate it. Once done I'm going to get a few T-Shirts done and a couple of Golf Shirts along with perhaps a Baseball Cap and a mug.

Alastair

Comment

Where did the name Electric Scotland come from anyway?

Elda

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing the golf shirts...and the cap..
          Euan..

Comment

Well when I went to look for an appropriate domain to register I wanted Scotland in the name but all the most obvious ones were already taken. So I picked Electric as looking at the synonyms for it they included charged, dynamic, electrical, electrifying, exciting, juiced, magnetic, motor-driven, power-driven, rousing, stimulating, stirring, tense, thrilling, voltaic and that's why I chose it.

As to Golf shirts I am going to try and get one that has a breast pocket on which I'd put the logo. From my point of view it's useful to have as I can put my cigarettes and lighter in it and a pen.

I'm not sure what the cap might look like with the logo or what colour I might use. Probably a navy blue cap but we'll see.

Alastair

Comment

Hi Alastair

I thought that you would have given the FULL history of the name, including the BBS.

It was the BBS that caught my attention, as my brother Donald was about to retire back to Scotland, I thought the BBS would have been an excellent method for him, to communicate with his contacts in the USA and Canada.

The BBS was of course under the title of Almac...... your name shortened !!

Those were the days, for which a big thank you

Ranald
              Last edited by Ranald; 4 May 2013, 11:06. Reason: altered a line

Comment

Well of course when I sold the BBS the name had to go with it. In actual fact I still find someone with an email address @almac.co.uk

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                X