Families traveling to NW Territories, Canada, Washington State US ca 1800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Families traveling to NW Territories, Canada, Washington State US ca 1800

Last year, my only brother did the Family Tree DNA tests. As Kelly posted the YDNA, I won't go into that...However,

Through the DNA swabs, the labs had capabilities for Maternal ie..MtDNA, from my brothers sample they traced my mother;s line...for 300 years we thought we were Howell..DNA says differently. I have matched 10 of 10 Alleles to two women in Ireland and one that was a Native American Okanagan tribe of the Colville Reservation, on the Washington Canadian border.

The history I have gleaned is that Mourning Dove, Christine Quintaskat, was a hereditary Indian princess that was indigenous to the NW and associated with the persons who were sent from UK to Canada for the NW fur trading and mining company.

Do any of you readers have ancestry to that particular time and place ? There were several known Scots who traveled there to live. I wrote the Colville Reservation to get information on the MtDNA as I was so shocked to learn this, however, the persons there would not return my questions.

I would like to hear or let Kelly d know...her memory is a bit sharper than Mams...

Lu Hickey:redrose:
Working...
X