Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza

I have to confess that I think pizza is really very expensive and over rated. I mean it's basically bread with a topping and usually the topping is quite sparse.

The odd time I think I'll try one and am always disappointed. However recently I noted my local supermarket was selling a thin pizza base so I thought I'd try one and make my own. I do enjoy a vegetarian type one so to a tomato base I added green pepper, onion, mushrooms, and shredded some ham and pineapple bits and also cheddar cheese. I actually enjoyed it and when I worked out the cost it was a third of the price that you paid for a normal pizza from those pizza shops.

I was talking to Steve the other day and talking about this and he said he'd been in Prince Edward Island and they'd gone for a Pizza and he said the topping was very poor and he ended up paying an additional $10.00 to get a decent topping for it. He actually said he asked for an American Pizza as he said our Canadian Pizza usually had very poor quantity of toppings.

So not sure if there is a difference between the two countries as usually most Pizza chains are International.

Alastair

Re: Pizza

The pizzas are pretty good here in Oz Alastair. I prefer the medium base as sometimes I think the thin one is too hard. The best pizza I've ever tasted was when I was on the ship coming to Australia......they had an Italian crew......it was yummy and also was the first time I'd tasted pizza......it wasn't well known in Scotland in 1971.

Elda

Comment

The best one I had was in the pub in Kimberley in B.C. but it did have a lot of topping to it.

I believe take outs in Scotland are 1, Curry and 2. Fish Supper and Irn Bru is still the best selling soft drink.

Alastair

Comment

Indian isn't really big here in Australia. Thank goodness....I don't like curries, never have. Chinese and Thai is much more popular here. There's probably 10 times as many Chinese or Thai than Indian. I didn't like the Chinese in Scotland when I last tried it. If you order Mongolian beef, for example, that's just what you get there. Here they add lots of vegetables too which I like much better.

Elda

Comment

Canada is also a very multi cultural country and so you can get pretty well anything here.

The two things I can't get are my favourite thick sausages and ox tongue. I do find Canadians on the whole seem to like food slightly sweeter than we had in Scotland.

Alastair

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
            Canada is also a very multi cultural country and so you can get pretty well anything here.

The two things I can't get are my favourite thick sausages and ox tongue. I do find Canadians on the whole seem to like food slightly sweeter than we had in Scotland.

Alastair
            I noticed in the USA that their foods are a lot sweeter than I'm used to. Even the bread tasted sweet to me. Can't you get lamb tongue in a tin? I'm pretty sure I've seen it here in the delicatessens.

Elda

Comment

Actually I get it sent over in a tin from the UK Elda. If they put my favourite sausages in a tin I'd get them sent over as well.

Alastair

Comment

Hey, I don't know anything about "ox or lamb tongue" and I have no intention of finding out. However my favorite pizza is barbeque pizza. Hmmmmm......it is so good.

Comment

Well I do enjoy good breads and am more than open to putting most things with it :-)

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                  X