Vegetable pakoras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegetable pakoras

This is a great starter and a recipe can be found for it at http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ve...epakoras_90048

I mention this as last week my local food store (Sobeys) got it in for the first time and I purchased a couple of packs. As it's already prepared you just need to drop them into the deep fat fryer and cook them for 7 minuted until they are golden brown. Usually they would be served up with a dip of some sort and even a small salad.

As I enjoyed them I went back to purchase more and found them out of stock. I went back in today and found they had three packs in so I purchased all three so that of course meant they were out of stock again. This time I'm putting two in the freezer to see how they might come.

While walking around the store there were three customers I chatted to that asked me what they were and I explained but had to tell them I'd purchased the last ones so they were now out of stock. I think all of them might have picked up a pack to try them had they been in stock.

Here is a video of one recipe...

Alastair

Re: Vegetable pakoras

I have never tasted these Vegetable pakoras before after reading your post I try this according to a recipe which is briefly explained in the shared link. I must say these were delicious and my elder brother liked it much. Yesterday we ate Vegetable pakoras again. Even he recommends his friends to try this recipe.
    Get more info on popular streets of the world.

Comment

In Scotland they made a feature of the dipping sauce to go with them but here in Canada you only get offered Tamarine or Mango Chutney. Mind you both are acceptable. In Scotland they usually serve them with slices of raw onion and then their own special sauce which can be either hot or mild depending on the outlet. I actually prefer the mild as usually I am having a hot curry afterwards.

Alastair

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
        In Scotland they made a feature of the dipping sauce to go with them but here in Canada you only get offered Tamarine or Mango Chutney. Mind you both are acceptable. In Scotland they usually serve them with slices of raw onion and then their own special sauce which can be either hot or mild depending on the outlet. I actually prefer the mild as usually I am having a hot curry afterwards.

Alastair
        you shared suggestion are very interesting and useful. I will try it with Mango Chutney. I think it will be the best combination. I will keep in mind your suggestions during my tours if I went to Scotland and Canada and will taste them as their recipe.
        Get more info on popular streets of the world.

Comment

Working...
        X