Ants can read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ants can read!

Of course I wouldn't call ants pets but this was the nearest forum I thought would be appropriate for this important announcement!

I've been seeing the odd ant or two or three in my downstairs toilet and also the kitchen. Never more that three of them at a time. As this has continued for some time now I thought I'd get a can of "Raid" the insect killer. I purchased this some three weeks ago and have it sitting on a wee ledge between my kitchen and toilet so it would be handy to get to.

Well since placing the can there I have not seen one ant anywhere and so can only conclude that they can read and having read what the product will do to them they have gone elsewhere!

So don't forget that you learned this amazing fact here first!

Alastair

Re: Ants can read!

Here's something kinda funny pertaining to ants! Every spring, I get a horde of sweet-eating ants (the little ones) coming into my kitchen. They usually appear on my kitchen counters. I will squash one or two, & somehow the habit of my cat Rennie turned into an ant eating fest. I squash the ants, placing their bodies on top of my hot water heater...(a cabinet type in the kitchen). Rennie comes along, after I tell him that there's some ants there for him. Then he eats them with great relish, oftentimes, after doing so, rolling himself in the leftover smell/odor of them. He's quite the character, this cat. By the by, his full name is Charles Rennie Mackintosh, for the famed Glasgow artist/ architect. Wish I had a picture of this slaughter, but the ants are too tiny! Joan PS: the ants stopped coming when it became "summer".

Comment

Hey Alastair and Joan,
      The ants disappearing cause they "read" the can is similar to when you have a fly swatter and you are waiting for that fly that has been buzzing around all day and he disappears. They know what the swatter is for!! Joan, I also get those small ants in the kitchen. We had a rainy spring and they just flourished. Now that it is hot, they stopped coming. And I just love your cat story. Aren't pets the best?? Have a great day you guys.

Comment

Noticed that... get swatter and fly disappears. Great story about the cat!

Alastair

Comment

Working...
        X