British Store, London, Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Store, London, Ontario

It's been some eight months since I visited this store and ended up spending some $240 on this trip. Mind you a fair bit goes in the freezer so I'll enjoy it over a few months period.

I bought some steak and kidney pies, scotch pies, bridies, melton mowbry pork pies. sliced sausage, black pudding and a cheese and onion bridie alomng with a pack of potato scones and tried one of their haggis scotch pies to see what they are like. These pies are in the usual scotch pie shell but are topped with potato and turnip.

I then got my scotch porridge oats, ruskolene bread crumbs and Heinz tomato soup along with Ploughman's chutney and HP fruity sauce.

I did purchase a wee bag of milk chocolate eclairs as a wee treat.

You'll note I did my best to not purchase any chocolate biscuits. I did however purchase a couple of jars of diabetic marmalade.

Alastair

Re: British Store, London, Ontario

We get a lot of that kind of stuff in the supermarkets here now. Years ago I remember you could only get stuff like Branston pickles and HP sauce in the delicatessens. Now we get Cadburys chocolate biscuits and most stuff in supermarkets. Not Scotch pies though but there is a butcher not far from me who stocks square sausages, pies, black pudding etc......he's expensive though and my own home made square slice is better than his.

Elda

Comment

Re: British Store, London, Ontario

And we have an excellent recipe for square sliced sausage at http://www.electricscotland.com/food.../sssausage.htm and I wonder who gave us that one? <grin>

Mind you I guess part of the issue is how good the sausage mince is in your locality.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
      X