Arcade scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcade scores

Al, when i try to save a score in the arcade, i get redirected to the activity screen? I see the messages that have been posted in the forums.
    Euan..

Re: Arcade scores

I've emailed Steve about this Euan as I haven't a clue how to solve this issue.

Alastair

Comment

Same here Euan

dmf

Comment

Thanks Al, I know you both are busy, so whenever you have the time..
        Don...I had a nice score to beat you in one game, but I won't give you a clue as to which one yet!..now I will have to try again....
        Euan..

Comment

Even a winning score doesn't register but goes to the message 'your score has not been saved'

Comment

I have no idea why scores are not being saved I'm afraid. This is an issue that has been here ever since we added the Arcade. Steve is the only one that can fix this problem and he had been unable to fix it. It's a real pain.

Alastair

Comment

I realize this is REPETIVE, but I also am not getting my scores posted. I thought it was something else, till I read the complaints as above. I hope Steve can get this straightened out soon!!! It's still fun to play, but as I am a competitive critter, I like to see that I actually get a good score occasionally. Thanks, Joan

Comment

I get the message saying the request timed out when the game tries to post a high score, that tells me it could be an issue with either the Es server being slow, or an issue with my connection to the net. Maybe if there is heavy traffic on a persons ISP causing the problem. I notice it is a random thing,one game might be a problem one day but not the next, I have even found playing the game again straight away after a timeout, it will save the score.
                So I'm guessing, it could be something out of Steve's hands.
                Euan..

Comment

I believe he increased the time out on the server but I'll pass your message onto him to see if it might give him a clue.

Alastair

Comment

Al, played "Box of Chocolates" a few times, first score was not recorded timed out. 2nd score was recorded, third try received this message "Transmission Timeout (5.1541 sec)" same as the first try.
                    Euan..

Comment

Not sure if you know but you can contact Steve direct at innkeeper@electricscotland.com. I would have thought by providing this information it would help Steve to fix the problem. I mean it looks to me that it's not the game but a server issue as you mentioned before. I've passed this message to Steve.

Alastair

Comment

I've also been getting the "Transmission Timeouts" as well. I then realized that a small elfish creature caused me to misspell the word REPETITIVE above!!!

Thanks, Joan

Comment

Here's yet another comment on "scores". I just now cleared the board for the Christmas Mahjong, getting the score of 720 (for the 2nd time), & instead of its being "posted", I got once again a "transmission timeout". Surely IF one clears the mahjong board, one should get the score. Thanks, Joan

Comment

Just an addendum to the above info...I got another 720 score on Christmas mahjong last eve. So that makes 3.

Comment

There appears to be still problems with the Arcade recording scores. Sometimes it does but most times it doesn't.

Can it be fixed?

dmf

Comment

Working...
                              X