Aly Bain And Friends : May 24, 1990

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aly Bain And Friends : May 24, 1990

Fiddler Aly Bain is joined this week by Mary Black, Violet Tulloch, Willie Johnson for a night of the very best in live Scottish traditional music.

Alastair

Re: Aly Bain And Friends : May 24, 1990

Hi Alastair, will you pay for a new carpet, as my shoes wore a hole in the old one, while keeping in time with the music.

They were all very talented musicians.

As a school boy,I was fortunate to be in a house where local musicians gathered in an evening. They just played, and never with any sheet music !

Being Grantown on Spey, Strathspey music was to the fore.

Thanks for awakening the memories.

Ranald
    Last edited by Ranald; 4 October 2013, 14:26. Reason: added a line

Comment

I was actually watching something totally unrelated and just happened to notice this one in the list of other videos. There are actually several of these on YouTube.

Alastair

Comment

Yes Alastair, I noted that there were more, but when can I have time to watch them lol

Ranald

Comment

Time is defiantly an issue Ranald... I've been watching the Beyond Riverside Cottage series which is in 18 parts. Started yesterday evening, part of today and reckon I should finish them by tomorrow.

Alastair

Comment

Hello, all...

These appear to be extremely similar to the videos I have here, called Transatlantic Sessions, #3.

Aly Bain is mainly with Russ Barenberg, Jerry Douglas, & it seems like all the other Scot musicians in the world. I don't have time to watch it now, but will later on. Need to get some food in me, as it's almost 8PM.

Thanks, Joan

Comment

As none of the videos play now here is one I found....

Alastair

Comment

Working...
              X