Just looking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just looking in

Hi all, I have not visited for a while and only found the site again by accident! All going well here in Adelaide. I realise that a lot has happened in my family since I was last here. I became a grandmother for the first time to Phoebe Grace who was born on the 1st January 2013. She is a bubbly 9 month old. Her parents are getting married next month and I will be their wedding celebrant, a very exciting time for me with my very first wedding ceremony. 2 more of my children got engaged while overseas and am awaiting when they are setting their dates. Another of my sons and his girl friend also were overseas but did not want to get on the bandwagon of weddings!!

As I said, I have now become a Marriage Celebrant which is looking to a new career for my retirement, there hopefully will be people interested in a little Scottish lady to marry them.. This has been something I have wanted to do for many years and it was with my youngest daughter getting engaged last year that spurred me on.

Well folks, we are going into our spring/summer and I am looking forward very much to some warmer weather, it has been a cold winter for us.

Will be back soon.

Cheers Mary

Re: Just looking in

Welcome back... you should produce a wee video of you telling folks about your Marriage Celebrant which I confess I've never heard of.

Alastair

Comment

Welcome back Mary

You must be very pleased with the family.... and you now a Granny !

Perhaps you can confirm I am correct, or otherwise, with the info for Alastair?

Ranald

Alastair, I 'think' it is similar to the Humanist organisation in the UK

Here is a link to the Australian organisation.

http://www.marriagecelebrants.org.au/

Ranald
      Last edited by Ranald; 7 October 2013, 13:10. Reason: added a line

Comment

Thanks Ranald... I'll check that out.

Alastair

Comment

Here is my friends web site.....she is also a celebrant

http://ibyourcelebrant.com/index.htm

They don't just do weddings, also naming ceremonies, even funerals although I think that not all of them do the funerals.

Welcome back Mary. You have had a busy time. I thought you were already a grandmother. Great day for your grand-daughter to be born.....1st January :-)

Elda

Comment

Working...
          X