Ice Road Truckers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Road Truckers

I'm not sure if any of you folk living outside North America have seen this series so I thought I'd post up one episode for you to see. There are many others on YouTube.

Alastair

Re: Ice Road Truckers

I have been watching this series for years and it is very Canadian, although one year it went to Alaska with some US truckers.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

I've heard of it. I think I watched a programme about them some time ago on our TV.

Elda

Comment

I also watched the program, not sure if the entire series was shown.

It was nice to see some of the lady drivers, holding their own, on these treacherous 'roads'.

Ranald

Comment

I guess TV programs are getting more international these days. There is another Canadian program i think called "Road from Hell" where they follow a long road where snow is a major problem and they follow the rescue crews towing out crashed cars and trucks.

Alastair

Comment

Yes, I watched that one for a season or two but haven't seen it lately. That one was on a major B.C. highway through the Rockies, it may have been on a section of the trans Canada highway. There was a family business and their employees clearing mishaps from the highway and dealing with their competition.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

There's another program about Buffalo Airline in Albert called Ice Pilots. It's also very interesting and I have watched that one for a while also.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

I posted up 4 episodes on the Electric Canadian site. http://www.electriccanadian.com/life...ice_pilots.htm

Alastair

Comment

Hi Alastair, just watched most of the first video, and had to turn on the central heating !!

Twin engine and one has to be shut down, very hairy.

What a team working in such conditions.

Thanks for the videos.

Ranald

Comment

It can be quite amazing all the different jobs people have around the world and how important they can be to the community they serve.

Alastair

Comment

A recent episode had Astronaut Chris Hadfield on it. Maybe the airline is in the Yukon and not Alberta as formerly thought.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

They are in Yellowknife, North West Territories. That's where Max Ward also started out...

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                        X