Upgrade going through Tuesday afternoon EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade going through Tuesday afternoon EST

Just talked to Steve and he is looking to install the v5,0 upgrade Tuesday afternoon EST.

This is going to be a clean install which means we won't actually be doing an upgrade but a new install but we'll be using our existing database so nothing should be lost. Once that job is complete and everything looks to be alright we'll then be adding in the add-ons like the Arcade, etc.

In the event something goes wrong we will have a full backup of our current system available.

So this is just a heads up to let you know.

Alastair

Re: Upgrade going through Tuesday afternoon EST

Well nothing happened today but hopefully tomorrow. Steve said he'd likely need to disable a couple of add-ons prior to doing he upgrade. This could include the inbuilt video app as I understand that this has actually been built into the new version so the add-on is no longer required.

Will keep you in touch.

Alastair

Comment

Well we sure had a struggle doing the upgrade.

Essentially the community is back but needs more work...

We have the new version of the Arcade installed BUT none of the games are working within it. One thing we know is that they have added a new program file which looks like it will solve the saving of high scores.

Anyway... as regards the games I've download a .zip file containing the Top 100 games of all time. We're going to create a category for Top 100 into which we'll add those games. I hope that will be done by tomorrow morning. This will at least provide games for you play.

Then it's down to me to go find all the rest of the games so we can install them again. So if you had any real favourites do tell me the name of the games and I'll do my best to find them for you.

The videos are displaying within the messages so those look ok. The radio programs seem to be working fine.

We're still not pointing to the forums page as our home page so that needs to be fixed. And we also need to work on the Gallery.

I might add that the problem which took so long to fix was down to them using a newer version of the PHP program than we had installed. Once we upgraded out program all worked again.

So sorry for the delay in getting back up.

Alastair

Comment

We've got the 100 top games up now in the Arcade so let me know if all works ok.

Alastair

Comment

Alistair,

It still will not save any scores and it reverts back to the activity stream.......

dmf
          Last edited by dmf; 6 November 2013, 08:36.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know... I know about the activity stream and that is one we still need to work on and we are also still working on the Gallery.

As to the arcade I note you are listed on the menu with your high scores so looks like some work.

I think we'll need to work out a reporting system on high scores so that we can work with the authors of the software. Like we'll probably need to know what your OS is and what browser you are using and version as well as the name of the game.

We were told that the reason for the problem on high scores is that there is a session timeout. That was why they produced a new file with their program which is meant to record the session to overcome that problem.

So I think once we're ready to work on this we'll ask that you bring up a notepad text file were you note your OS and browser version. The note each game you play and against each say something like "saved" or "not saves". Then you'd be able to copy that into a message to us.

I've just finished posting up the balance of the games so that's me done on uploading the games unless someone comes back to me with a request.

Alastair

Comment

Hey, Alastair...I guess you can just imagine what I'm interested in your posting to the arcade!

I Love You Mahjong!

Would truly appreciate that one. I did try some of the mahjong games, & they were all rather sluggish. Think the animal mahjong, the Heart mahjong, the café one (which didn't come close to working), and a few others. None saved any scores, either. I am running OS Windows 7, with IE 10. (I have no problem doing my "other" mahjong, that came over from my previous OS & lower IE.) Thanks...do appreciate all you do.

Joan
              Last edited by FriedaKateM; 6 November 2013, 21:27.

Comment

Added the game for you Joan.

Thanks for the report on the scoring.

Alastair

Comment

Thanks, Alastair, for I love you Mahjong. I've had no problems with playing it, works well! However when I did not get all of the tiles on one game I noted the above wording up between top of page & game:

Warning: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in....(backward slash) arcade. php on line 3191
                  then another line the same as above, except "on line 4084".

Thought you'd want to know this because I doubt you're able to play ALL those games.

Joan

Comment

Thanks for letting me know Joan... I've copied your message to Steve as he's working with the Arcade folks.

Alastair

Comment

I thought I'd mention that when I selected all the games I only selected games that had been played over 500 times. I thus hoped that would mean they were decent games.

Alastair

Comment

Alistair,

Can you upload a version of Scrabble? The one is the last arcade was very good.

dmf

Comment

There is a game in Board Games called Scrabble Blast. If that isn't the one can you remember the name?

Alastair

Comment

Hi, Alastair...just wrote out a long private message & when trying to send it to another member, it flashed up are you sure you want to leave this page? I hit send, & it went off into the "ether"...., in other words, it did NOT send. In amongst all my struggles this evening on here, I got another message saying some stuff about private something, probably when trying to send that message. Thanks, Joan

Comment

I've had that happen to me as well Joan although very rare, Not sure what causes that.

Alastair

Comment

Working...
                              X