X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rail journey videos for the arm chair traveller

Hi

Note the words 'Arm Chair'

For those with an interest in 'cab ride' video travel, click on the following link:-

http://www.youtube.com/user/Saalbahnhof?feature=watch

You will see journeys world wide listed.

I have had a short look at three of them, and found them of good country learning fun.

NOTE:- The link that Alastair used, does NOT give the option for the above.

Now that our clocks have gone back a hour, hope do have a look at the others.

Ranald
    Last edited by Ranald; 30 October 2013, 16:48. Reason: Link now working, well it was !

Re: Rail journey videos for the arm chair traveller

Well, that link worked.

I selected the "Cab Ride Norway - Trondheim - Bodo in Spring".

It was excellent, on the outskirts of the town, the train slowed down, and there was great views of houses and gardens.

When the train speeded up I saw three motor cyclists on the road to the right of the train.

Not stopped, but not a a platform, so I do not know what happens next lol.

The spring time and no Scotch mists resulted in a very good video.

Ranald
    Last edited by Ranald; 30 October 2013, 18:36. Reason: spelling

Comment

Love it Ranald. I took the ride from Glasgow. The title spelled Scotland a strange way I have never seen before. It was spelled "Schottland". Anyone know why? Hope you are doing well too.

Comment

Hi Diane, the video was the work of a German firm, hence the spelling.

The firm, and many others, have a great selection of world wide videos.

I have just 'done' the Swiss mountain video using a helicopter. some amazing scenery.

It circled an hotel, and on the roof veranda, you could see deck chairs, but no one to be seen!

Another shot, very low over a farm, there was a tractor and lorry in a field. There was a man at the side of the tractor looking up.

There was a collie dog which could be seen running to shelter under the tractor. It must have thought it was a giant bird in the sky, poor we thing lol

For what it is worth, these videos can be several hours long. However, if you stop the video, and not open any other video, the re-open the one you stopped, and most times, it will start where (or nearly) where you stopped it last time.

I have also found that, hover the cursor over the lower part of the screen, The lower bar shows, and, if you use the button on the left of the lower bar to stop the video, you can then scroll the round button, to any part of the bar. Note that above the button will be a very small picture of that position on the screen. Sometimes it even shows the hours and minutes position of the video.

Ranald

Comment

I wonder if Euan has used this rail journey - Sydney Central to Blacktown?

A lot of work being carried out, as can be seen with men and vehicles on the line, mainly to the left of the above route.

I was also surprised at the size of the rail network, with many stations and branch lines.

I wonder if Euan has ever travelled in one of the twin deck carriages ?

At the end of the video there are other links to rail journeys in Australia.

Regards

Ranald

Comment

I doubt that Euan has but I have been on this line many times but not as far as Blacktown. Double decker trains are the norm here on the city suburban lines but not the intercity or country lines.

Elda

Comment

Double deckers are also the 'norm' on GO Transit in and around Toronto...
              Sandy

Comment

Working...
              X