Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Educational Series

Hey Everyone,
    Just finished watching my favorite shows about different countries and this one was about Scotland. Can't even begin to tell ya about all the amazing things I learned. Just two things that made me smile. First, a gentleman was discussing his country and was asked if he considered himself Scottish first or British. He, of course, said Scottish first and when the other man said British second, the Scottish man said Scottish second!!!! And I learned that golf was invented by Scotland. They used wooden golf clubs and the golf balls were made out of leather filled with........well just forgot. Old age is awful. Haha

Re: Educational Series

You didn't know that golf was invented in Scotland??? I thought everyone knew that. Scots have invented lots of things used in the modern world. The telephone, television, antibiotics, the tarring of roads, the steam engine to name but a few :-)

Elda

Comment

Re: Educational Series

Hey Elda,
      Hope your doing good. No, I did not know about all the Scottish has invented until this series. They stated that Scotland was far ahead of most nations. They also talked about a religious man who thought all the people should be able to read the Bible and that was the beginning of learning for the young many years ago. I hope I am saying it right. It is very impressive. You all should be very proud of your heritage.

Comment

Working...
      X