Happy New Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year

It's 12 noon here in Canada and note Australia has already seen in the New Year. Here in Canada the whole country is below zero with some places at -50 degrees. Winnipeg is usually at -15 at this time of year but now at -40 but over -50 with wind chill.

So wishing you all a very Happy New Year.

Alastair

Re: Happy New Year

Yes Al, and I'm feeling rather foggy..a quiet day in front of the air conditioner is on the cards.
    Our temps are heading for 40c on Friday, other areas around the state have reached 47c (126f)..quite the opposite to Canada!
    I do have intentions of playing a round of golf Friday, that might change!
    Euan..

Comment

Seems we're both at the extremes of the weather Euan. I just increased the thermostat to 70 degrees as I usually have it set at 68 but it was getting a touch cold.

Make sure you take plenty of water with you if you're playing golf. I used to play golf in Kuwait and we usually took a thermos with cold water and a touch of lime cordial in it. Once played in a sand storm but never again. Played 4 holes and had to crawl back to the club house.

Alastair

Comment

Happy New Year to all. We're not getting the temperatures that Queensland is and hopefully we wont.

Elda

Comment

I usually take a six pack of water with some hops added..And i regularly play in a sand storm...caused by me trying to get out of bunkers...:confused:
          I read in the news the outback town of Oodnadatta (northern South Aust), might break its record of 50.5c this week,that's nudging 123f.
          Euan..

Comment

Happy New Year everyone.
            We had a quiet Hogmanay - the TV programmes seem to get worse every year.
            I am watching the temps in Winnipeg very carefully, I shall be there in a couple of weeks...
            Sandy

Comment

You won't be needing to take your Budgie Smugglers Sandy...
              Euan..

Comment

True, Oh so true~~~

Comment

A Happy New Year to you and yours from me and mine................at last..........finally, I,m back on line [fingers crossed]

Gordon.

Comment

Wondered where you were Gordon!

Elda

Comment

Working...
                    X