Auld Lang Syne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auld Lang Syne

We were introduced to this version of Auld Lang Syne last night on a programme about the song.
    I never watched the show that this is taken from and had never heard of the singer either.
    Apparently this is reckoned to be the most original form of it.

Sandy

Re: Auld Lang Syne

What has Sex and the City got to do with Auld Lang Syne? I've never watched the show either.

Elda

Comment

I watched the same programme and I think it said that Auld Lang Syne was used as the music at the end of the film on the express wishes of cast members.

dmf

Comment

I never watched the show, but doubt Auld Lang Syne was for the cast as the show was ending. I read an article outlining a pattern of feuding among the cast over the life of the series.

Comment

I had a quick look at the re-run of the program and it definitely states that 'Auld Lang Syne' was used in the New Years Eve scene of Sex and the City film at the request of Sarah Jessica Parker, one of the stars of the film.......

dmf

Comment

I seem to recall that is what is mentioned in the programme that Ranald has posted in another section.

Sandy

Comment

Yes Sandy, you are both correct, here is the section on page 5

[quote starts]
              There are hundreds more examples, including the 2008 movie of Sex and the City.

Scottish singer Mairi Campbell's rendition of the song was used in a New Year scene in the hit film, after a special request from its star Sarah Jessica Parker.
              Campbell says: "I like the way it was used in the film. I was quite taken aback. The focus leaves the shoes and the dresses and moves into forgiveness and compassion."
              [quote ends]

Ranald

Comment

Working...
              X