Squirrels Working in the Snow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squirrels Working in the Snow!

We have had a huge snow, about 8-10 " at least, plus have very cold temps, 0 degrees F this morning. I shoveled my path to the mail box, having shoveled path to barn yesterday a few times. Anyway, was in my kitchen earlier, & caught movement on the eastern side of property. Observed three red squirrels jumping into the snow, looking for their black walnuts, coming up with one, racing up the trees, & eating them. This is the 1st time have seen three, usually see two. Also have an "unidentified" animal who gets into one of my walls, making noise at night. (But this went on when there was no snow! Think it's a red squirrel.) Years previous, I had a very young red squirrel who would be rolling nuts around above my living room, & I'd pound on the ceiling with a stick, & yell to get him to stop. He disappeared after remodel of house. Still existing here in these frigid temperatures. My inside cats are doing their normal stuff, & the poor outside kitties are sitting in barn in the sun. They do use my shoveled path to barn/from barn, to run up to remind their "keeper" of food times! They are sturdy little critters!

Just to keep in touch, Joan

Working...
X