X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History: Cumberland Gap, KY, TN, VA USA

This is to be deleted!!!!!!!

Re: History: Cumberland Gap, KY, TN, VA USA

Evidently the link as I'd posted above, did NOT WORK. Here's a suggestion! Go to your search engine, type in Internet Archive. Then when that opens, type in
    "Cumberland Gap" into their search engine, All Media Types.

When the film comes up, click on the left hand side, where I used MPEG2. Then the movie will come up. Reason for all of this, is my desire to share the great stories regarding Cumberland Gap, one of my favorite places in the world.

Thanks, Joan

Comment

Hi Joan
      It worked for me by cut and paste, then took me to a site where I think is the one you wanted.

https://archive.org/details/gov.ntis.ava15022vnb1

From the word 'details' the rest is the same as yours.

Let me know if the above is not the one you want.

Ranald

Comment

You're totally right, Ranald. I just could not get the link to work, or to paste. Thanks for your aid in this.

Hope all enjoy listening & watching the movie. Joan

Comment

Narrated by Lorne Green, a Canadian~~~

Reminds me a song from 'way back' in the Skiffle (as we called them) days. "Fifteen Miles on the Cumberland Gap" - Lonnie Donegan.

Sandy

Comment

Hey...I also noted that Lorne Green was narrating the movie. I also have other bluegrass music about Cumberland Gap. I have as well some music/song regarding Black Mountain. I & a friend went over it once, thinking we'd be saving time going back to the Gap. If anyone looks on a map, Black Mtn is the tallest mtn in all of Kentucky. Over 4000 ft. What a trip!! No guard rails either! My van's transmission went out after we came down into Virginia, thence to the Gap, after passing through Tennessee, too. The Gap lies where all three states come together.

Thanks for your comments...Joan

Comment

Working...
            X