Tinker,Tailor.Soldier,Spy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinker,Tailor.Soldier,Spy.

I thought about placing this in the "Armed Forces" section, then "Favourite TV viewing" , but such is the depth and interpretaion of this John le Carré novel and the impeccable performance by Sir Alec Guinness as "George Smiley that i decided it deserved a thread to itself.

All parts are available on 'youtube', but if you enjoy a collectors item, then it is available on DVD.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (1979), based on the first novel of the Karla Trilogy by the master spy storyteller John le Carré, was adapted to television as a seven-part series for the BBC, featuring Alec Guinness as George Smiley, of the SIS.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (1979) Part 1 .

Re: Tinker,Tailor.Soldier,Spy.

Well, now that I have whetted your appetites with the above series I thought I would insert the follow-on production which completes the story........................Now read on..........................

Smiley's People (1982) Part One . As with the preceding series all parts are on Youtube...............and likewise it is available on a set of D
    VCD's
    A BBC production and worth the investment.

Smiley's People, television adaptation based on the third and final novel (1979) of the "Karla Trilogy", following Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (1974) and The Honourable Schoolboy(1977). Dramatized by John Hopkins for television for the BBC in 1982, as a sequel to the television series Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (1979), again starring Alec Guinness as George Smiley. The screenplay was written by John le Carré and John Hopkins.

Comment

Working...
    X