Thread: Beautiful!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful!!!

Hey Everyone,
    Couldn't resist posting this picture of Niagara Falls in western New York. I can't remember if this has ever happened before, however, the water is still running underneath the ice.

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...10018285_n.jpg

2. Thanks Hugh, FriedaKateM thanked for this post.
    Like 1938 Observer, miolchu liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beautiful!!!

Hi Diane, yes it has happened before and there are pictures of it. Some prior times it has frozen even more.
    The falls you see are the "American Falls". The Horseshoe Falls, which are in Canada are not frozen over. There is much more volume over those falls.
    In winter 1980/81 we were there and it was just like that with the spray frozen onto the trees, gardens and everywhere else.
    My daughter is moving there at the end of the month and she is really looking forward to the 'warmer' temperatures there~~~

Sandy

4. Thanks Diane thanked for this post.

Post Thanks / Like

It happened sometime in the first decade of the 20th century too. I've seen pictures of people walking on the ice wearing turn of the century clothes.

Elda

6. Thanks Diane thanked for this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diane View Post
    Hey Everyone,
    Couldn't resist posting this picture of Niagara Falls in western New York. I can't remember if this has ever happened before, however, the water is still running underneath the ice.

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...10018285_n.jpg
    Diane! It happened a long time ago when the Niagara Falls frozen almost completely, but this year it was in its frozen state again. I saw it and must say it looks amazing in its frozen state. It is true the water was running underneath the ice this time, but still cool and fasinati9ng to go there. I went there with my bus tours to niagara falls from toronto and had a great and different exprience this time.

8. Like Diane liked this post.

Thread Information