Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful!!!

Hey Everyone,
    Couldn't resist posting this picture of Niagara Falls in western New York. I can't remember if this has ever happened before, however, the water is still running underneath the ice.

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...10018285_n.jpg

Re: Beautiful!!!

Hi Diane, yes it has happened before and there are pictures of it. Some prior times it has frozen even more.
    The falls you see are the "American Falls". The Horseshoe Falls, which are in Canada are not frozen over. There is much more volume over those falls.
    In winter 1980/81 we were there and it was just like that with the spray frozen onto the trees, gardens and everywhere else.
    My daughter is moving there at the end of the month and she is really looking forward to the 'warmer' temperatures there~~~

Sandy

Comment

It happened sometime in the first decade of the 20th century too. I've seen pictures of people walking on the ice wearing turn of the century clothes.

Elda

Comment

Originally posted by Diane View Post
        Hey Everyone,
        Couldn't resist posting this picture of Niagara Falls in western New York. I can't remember if this has ever happened before, however, the water is still running underneath the ice.

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/...10018285_n.jpg
        Diane! It happened a long time ago when the Niagara Falls frozen almost completely, but this year it was in its frozen state again. I saw it and must say it looks amazing in its frozen state. It is true the water was running underneath the ice this time, but still cool and fasinati9ng to go there. I went there with my bus tours to niagara falls from toronto and had a great and different exprience this time.
        Get more info on popular streets of the world.

Comment

Working...
        X