Irn Bru and Marmite banned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irn Bru and Marmite banned

The federal department responsible for foodstuffs has banned Marmite (which I am not surprised about~~~) and irn Bru for containing some 'banned' substances. As I recall this attitude was in place a long time ago but then appeared to be being ignored.
    The one specific case about which I have read is in Saskatchewan where the 'feds' have seized a Scottish store's stock and also the next delivery, which is 'in transit'. What about the man's money that he has spent on this, not heard about any recompense.

Sandy

Re: Irn Bru and Marmite banned

Would certainly like to find out more about this.

As it happens I have a jar of Marmite in the house.

Alastair

Comment

Apparently "Penguins" are also being banned...

Comment

Sheesh... that's not good! I like them!

Alastair

Comment

Originally posted by sandyc View Post
          Apparently "Penguins" are also being banned...

Gee Sandy,
          That'a slang term for nuns over here, the new pope will be distraught, but then again, a nun in Italy recently had a baby,named him after the pope, strange things happening in this world.

I gues Irn Bru and Marmite will now be classed as "Weapons of Mass Destuction"

El Salvador Nun Gives Birth, Names Baby After Pope Francis; Is It Another Virgin Birth? (VIDEOS)

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/53497...names-baby.htm

The nun kept her pregnancy secret and had to call an ambulance on Wednesday due to severe stomach pain. She even denied she was pregnant when admitted to the hospital, saying, "It's not possible. I'm a nun," the Italian press quoted her.:angelic::tongue::wink:

Comment

Hey, guys...As I am an American, I do know what Marmite is, having lived in Gt. Britain. Not all sure about Irn Bru, except I think it's a soft drink, loaded with caffeine. I have NO idea what Penguins are!!! Could you all (or y'all?) inform the rest of us here??? Thanks. Joan

Comment

Hi Joan, I'll let Al explain about Marmite (IMHO disgusting stuff, but not needing banned), Irn Bru is "Scotland's other national drink" (pop), and Penguins are chocolate biscuits (cookies). No need to ban any of them but what do I know~~~
              If there is any banning to do then Vegemite is 'way up there' as far as I am concerned...
              Nuns are also called Penguins in the UK, and as to that story, enough said...

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by sandyc View Post
                Hi Joan, I'll let Al explain about Marmite (IMHO disgusting stuff, but not needing banned), Irn Bru is "Scotland's other national drink" (pop), and Penguins are chocolate biscuits (cookies). No need to ban any of them but what do I know~~~
                If there is any banning to do then Vegemite is 'way up there' as far as I am concerned...
                Nuns are also called Penguins in the UK, and as to that story, enough said...

Sandy

I have just located Sandy's "Special" food.:tongue::angelic:

Comment

Now we "Vegemite" versus "Marmite"

Comment

They also do not like Ovaltine and I do like that...

"We are the Ovaltinies, Happy girls and boys" - Elda do you remember that from Radio Luxembourg?

Sandy

Comment

Here is another favorite "Downunder"

Comment

Now all, I did have Ovaltine when I was a child. However, I did not like it!!! When I lived in England, I did like Lemon Curd...what about that? Anybody like it too? We have a Nutella now here (hazelnut spread), but it is rather pricey, & I won't buy it. I do like good old crunchy Peanut Butter.

Thanks, Joan

Comment

Yep, it actually sounds a lot like the old advert for vegemite....happy little vegemites :-)
                          Vegemite is an acquired taste, I think. I started to get the taste for it when my eldest was a baby and I'd make him a toast finger with vegemite for breakfast then I move the high chair to the bathroom door and let him make a mess while I went in the shower :-). Now I enjoy a vegemite toast with sliced avocado. It just goes together somehow.

Elda

Comment

Hi Joan, Nutella is also in the UK now. Don't like it at all, even though I do like hazelnuts and chocolate. Just not in that combination...
                            Lemon curd is a favourite of mine, it is available in Canada and I would be surprised if it is not available somewhere in the US of A. I think it is sometimes called "lemon cheese"...

Sandy

Comment

Lemon butter Sandy. I don't think I've ever heard being called lemon cheese. There's heaps of recipes online for it.

Elda

Comment

Working...
                              X