It's In The Book.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's In The Book.

Horace Heidt introduces Johnny Standley doing his Hit single, "It's in the Book!" This #1 Hit was the first million selling comedy record

I first heard this about or more years ago, took me quite a while to locate on youtube. This is a good visual version but it only gives the first verse of the song after the dialogue.

Re: It's In The Book.

This is the same recording without the "visual" perfomance as it comes from the record, however it does go for an extra 50 seconds and contains all 3 verses of the song.................................Enjoy

This the "uploaders" original text..............................

This is just a bit of nostalgic humour.
    I found this after posting my recording of the Rev. Kelsey, I knew I had a parody of the Gospel preachers SOMEWHERE in my box of delights.
    Having found it, I realised that it amused me now, just as much as it did when I bought it!
    So, here it is, -for any other slow developers out there!!

Comment

Both the foregoing were long ago forerunners to this piece of "Tongue in Cheek Satire"

The Chaser's War on Hillsong. For those who don't know, the pastor of Hillsong "Church" wrote a book called "You Need More Money: God wants you to be rich". It worked for him.

Lots more of The Chaser can be found at http://www.abc.net.au/tv/chaser/#/home/

Hill$ong - Praise the Lord for all this cash .

Comment

Thank you Gordon, this was an old favourite of mine, good to hear it again.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Many thanks for both of these videos OR recordings. Here's me, sitting here at the computer, singing along with Johnny. This is a great example of the kind of humor we had back in the '50's. I didn't "know" I knew all the words till I heard it again!!! So glad we lived during that time, as I often reflect that it was a much simpler time, & also people tended to expect much less in the way of having lots of money$$$.

Thanks again, Joan

Comment

Working...
          X