Marlboro Man Dies from Smoking Illness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlboro Man Dies from Smoking Illness

I am posting this as I have experienced at least two deaths in my family of origin, which I feel was caused by smoking cigarettes. When I was a little girl, my mom would put pins in my hair, OR give me a permanent....all while she had a cigarette hanging from her mouth. My brother started smoking as a teen & was dead at 50. I'm an old nurse, who worked with alcoholics as well, & they also had the habit of smoking, in general. Please...stop smoking, & IF you don't smoke, don't start! Joan

Last edited by FriedaKateM; 28 January 2014, 15:31. Reason: missing letter!

Re: Marlboro Man Dies from Smoking Illness

You know they say in Australia that most nurses smoke. Wouldn't you think it would be the opposite having seen what it does to their patients?
    Sometimes life is very unfair. 2 weeks ago I attended the funeral of my cousin here in Oz. She was 64 and gave up smoking 6 years ago and was diagnosed with lung cancer last August. I gave up 4 years ago so keep your fingers crossed.

Elda

Comment

Re: Marlboro Man Dies from Smoking Illness

Just heard that one of Betty's sisters has been diagnosed with lung cancer. Her husband gave up years ago but she just kept on going. She knows that her time is limited. She is on morphine and is taking something to shrink one tumour but knows that she does not have long now. One more...

Comment

Working...
      X