Kelly's Knight Templar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly's Knight Templar

Back in 2000, I wrote a series of stories for ES about the Knights Templar.

http://www.electricscotland.com/history/kt7.htm

I was interested in the historical significance of the little red cross through ancient history and what roll it played in the UK.

Alastair published the series that soon became one of my most popular series.

I wanted to finish this series with a good hypothesis based on evidence I have uncovered while living over here.

Robert LD Cooper wrote a fantastic book called, 'Roslyn, A Hoax?' Then later published a book about the lost symbols of the Freemasons. Mr Cooper seriously contradicted himself between the two books. Mr Cooper is the Librarian for the Scottish Freemasons. I wrote him and called him out on it but he never contacted me back.

My soul purpose is for historical records and not to prove a Holy Blood Line or Freemasonry. There is enough documentation to verify a close resemblance between the KT of the Freemasons and the original Celtic Christian keepers of Joseph of Arimathea's time.

I do strongly feel I must continue my theory based on historical evidence. I do believe the KT or keepers have evolved over the two thousand years to keep up with modern times and religion. The heart of the Keeper is in his deeds.

When reading the KT series one must also read the King Arthur series to compare and understand my hypothesis.:blush:
    kellyd:redrose:

Re: Kelly's Knight Templar

I was reading the link of the Templars in Canada that Alistair posted...I think you would enjoy reading about Hugh De Paden being the founder..

Comment

I have a Friend in Edinburgh who found a stone that dates back to either the 13th or 14th Century,

He was & is sure it was used to cover a Knights Templars grave.
      Marie

Comment

This archaeologist I have been trying to get the right feed for claims there is actual evidence that supports Christianity here on the West Coast of Scotland hundreds of years BEFORE Columba. This is the documentation I had discovered when Bill took ill and I never could finish my work. In order for me to have a good hypothesis, I gotta have proof. There is actual Roman documents that insist certain factors.

I cannot wait to get up to Scotland and see all the artifacts! Ty Marie for telling us about your mate.

Comment

Kelly,

My friend is a Knights Templar,
          He found the Stone that dates back to either the 13th or 14th Century
          Marie

Comment

St. Ninian is generally accepted as the first person to bring Christianity to Scotland.
            His chapel was / is at Whithorn.
            Sandy

Comment

After reading the Canadian accounting and the Burkes Peerage Extinct, I can understand a bit more of the White Cloak and the Red Cross representation. Those KT are here to protect the Christians and other things I am sure...Kelly, I know our own bloodline is in there from what I read. You will have to go way back to the extinct to find the connection. Right, Sandy??

Comment

St. Ninian is generally accepted as the first person to bring Christianity to Scotland.
                His chapel was / is at Whithorn.
                Sandy
                Thanks Sandy, Marie and Mama,

I am going to investigate St Ninia and pay a visit to the Glasgow Library.

Yes, Mama because of the Sinclairs, Setons, Baliols etc etc there are some KT in there :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly d View Post
                  Thanks Sandy, Marie and Mama,

I am going to investigate St Ninia and pay a visit to the Glasgow Library.

Yes, Mama because of the Sinclairs, Setons, Baliols etc etc there are some KT in there :)
                  Kelly, don't for get to tell us about it..
                  Marie

Comment

I hope Al can answer this...
                    The "OLD" KT were excommunicated and sent into exile.
                    When / How did the current group come about and is it related in any way to the "old".
                    As far as I can tell there is really no documentation to support many of the claims about the Templars in Scotland. A book has recently been published including claims that there was Templar support (both tactical and actual) for Bruce at Bannockburn.
                    Most history is one or another person's interpretation of events and often the "facts" are made to fit predetermined ideas.

Sandy

Comment

As far as I can tell there is really no documentation to support many of the claims about the Templars in Scotland. A book has recently been published including claims that there was Templar support (both tactical and actual) for Bruce at Bannockburn.
                      Sandy,

They claim the Templars were with the Bruce because Scotland took in the exiled. What we must remember, the original KT were from the wealthy families of Great Britain. These families usually held lands both in England and Scotland.

I do believe some of the exiles did rally for the Bruce but not as Templars. They were highly trained Calvary, therefore adding beneficial support to the Bruce.

There is strong archaeological evidence to support KT being in Scotland after the crusades. Some were buried in Renfrew, Argyl and near Glencoe.
                      :)

Comment

Kelly,
                        from recollection the Templars were not only British (which did not really exist as a nation in those days).
                        It is true that many of the landed families in the British Isles (post 1066) were rewarded with estates all over the Islands.
                        The whole mixter maxter of races is what makes us the people that we are.
                        I've not seen anything about archeology supporting the KT in some of those areas.

Argyll means the "Land of the Gael".
                        Sandy

Comment

Knights Templar, military religious order and one of the three major orders of medieval Christian knights active in Palestine during the Crusades.

The order was first established in 1119, after the First Crusade,
                          Marie

Comment

See, that is why I am so excited about finally getting to finish my hypothesis on the Keepers comparing them to the original KT. The original ones were mainly from different parts of France but because of William the 'mean cuz' they ended up with land over here. This is so exciting!

Comment

When you say 'hundred of years before Columba'.....how many do you mean ?

You may have, as I remember only 500 years to prove your theory..

G

Comment

Working...
                              X