A -Bomb Declassified Historical Photographs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A -Bomb Declassified Historical Photographs

I think these have been around for quite a while, however they are worth looking at again................. I don't see any sign of protective gear, dosimeters, etc. I think the radioactive core was installed while in route to the target.

Just go to the link below to view.................. An illustrated guide to the Atomic Bombs
    By Ryan Crierie
    NOTES: A large number of these photos were assembled from the RG-77-BT collection in the Still Photo collection of the National Archives II building in College Park, MD.

http://www.alternatewars.com/Bomb_Lo...Bomb_Guide.htm

Re: A -Bomb Declassified Historical Photographs

An illustration of the effects in this brief documentary.

Hiroshima & Nagasaki After the Atomic Bombings

Comment

Re: A -Bomb Declassified Historical Photographs

National Geographic has been running a one-hour "day after" feature in Canada. No greater argument for peace! I believe the uranium was already loaded but probably the metal was thick enough to shield the workers. According to the National Geographic feature, the bomb was armed in flight, but that involved only installing the explosive charges that drove the uranium together. They did it that way so that the bombs wouldn't explode if there was an incident on take-off. The soldier that armed the Hiroshima bomb still had the plugs he removed from the sockets before installing the charges.

Comment

Working...
      X