New Acer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Acer

I decided to splash out and get a new laptop...Acer Aspire Intel core 2 duo processor 2.2GHz,500gig hdd 4 gig ram and 512meg graphics card bundled with Win 7 64bit (temporarily)..very nice, especially as i got it from work at a $500 discount...Now i can get rid of the useless Netbook i have...:smile:
    Net book laptops i have come to realize are useless for anything but email and a bit of surfing...just don't have the grunt with the Atom processor...
    Euan..

Re: New Acer

Laptop now running Linux "Lucid Lynx" on the laptop...it will be interesting to see if everything here on ES works...:cool:
    Euan..

Comment

Originally posted by Euan View Post
      Laptop now running Linux "Lucid Lynx" on the laptop...it will be interesting to see if everything here on ES works...:cool:

So I guess you don't like Windows 7 either~~~
      Sandy

Comment

Actually Sandy, Win 7 is not too bad, one motive for buying the Laptop was to get a copy of Win 7 so i can put it on my desktop. So in actual fact i have saved myself another $300. The desktop with a "Free" copy of Win7 and a laptop running a "free" Ubuntu.
        As for ES, after installing Shockwave and a couple of other apps, every thing is working fine so far, i do get the Permissions error like some of the others, but only when i go to the main page, the forums are working fine.
        I assume when Steve consumes a couple of RED BULLS things will be back to normal...
        Euan..

Comment

Working...
        X