Alastair

Comment

Re: CHIEFTAIN OF ELECTRIC SCOTLAND

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
      Many thanks!

Alastair
      Being you have a professionally---run forums,
      would there be a way for editing???

The proper spelling, of course, is ELECTRIC.........

What is you favourite verse of the Bible???

Sometimes when folk post///reply, you can read those; and not at other times --- why does that happen???

Thanks much for your website --- the best under Thee Sun for Scottish topics.........

COLUMBA KNOX

Comment

You can edit your own posts but no others.

Don't have a favourite verse although my favourite say is "You are only limited by your imagination".

You should be able to read all messages at all times.

Alastair

Comment

not sure if this thread is the proper thread for this post....I have been thinking of a trip back hame and did some looking up of air fares....I know there is an airline advertising a real special and I have had a look; another airline can do the same trip, Toronto to Glasgow return for less than $800.00...fly out in may and return in June, 28 days, a very good price.

Comment

As far as I know Air Transat is the only airline to fly directly to and from Glasgow - Toronto. If you are thinking that the other airline is Canadian Affair, then you will find that is just a 'front' for Air Transat.
            Not sure sure about your price. I've used them over the years and they seem to be getting better. I used them for a 6 week trip in January and we are on again at the end of May for 6 weeks. See what prices they are charging for the "Options" deal. It is an upgrade to the Economy ticket. You still sit in the "body of the bus" but you get better service and 'privileges'. They are starting to use some new bigger planes on the route too so that may be worth checking out as well. You have to pay extra to book specific seats too.

Comment

Yes, Sandy, Airtransat, wasn't sure if we were allowed to use the name. I have used them quite a few times and remember some years ago talked to a fellow passenger (might have been my first trip) and she said she always used them, then, and this was some years ago, the lady said that she always packed a lunch. My last three trips to the UK were by BritishAirways between two trips with airtransat; sadly disappointed with the BA, food was awful and service almost non existent unless you were drinking wine.

Comment

Plus BA does not go to Glasgow. Linking through Heathrow is a nightmare, especially if you have to change terminals "into" Terminal 5.
                AirTransat is slowly improving, the only direct competition into Scotland they have is AirCanada Rouge which starts flying into Embra on June 12 and runs until about October.
                Sandy

Comment

When I was flying I used Air Transit. The trick in these days was to book a normal fair and then go back the next day to ask if you could upgrade to Business Class which they did for an extra $50.

Alastair

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                    When I was flying I used Air Transit. The trick in these days was to book a normal fair and then go back the next day to ask if you could upgrade to Business Class which they did for an extra $50.

Alastair
                    Not nowadays. Take a look at the price difference on the new planes. It really does look to me as if they have really configured for a proper business class.
                    Sandy

Comment

Working...
                    X