John MacKintosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John MacKintosh

As many of you will know I have been working for many years telling the story of Scots all over the world. Not so long ago I read how there was estimated to be at least 1 million Scots who were living and working in England, Wales and Ireland.

This made me think that I should do something about Scots in those countries and hence this is the first of these accounts. John MacKintosh was of Scots heritage on both sides of his family but was born in England.

As it says in the Preface...

Our desire is to make more widely known the sterling character and unconquerable spirit of a great "Captain of Industry," one who by means of a trivial article of commerce built up a world-wide business. That was a notable achievement, but had it stood alone this biography would never have been written. It is the record of a life of unselfish service, the history of one who loved his fellow-men; and we cherish the hope that it will be an inspiration to others, not only to be "diligent in business," but also "fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."

We have got the first chapter up and we'll add a chapter per day until complete and this can be read at http://www.electricscotland.com/hist...kintoshndx.htm

Alastair
Working...
X