Mothers' Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothers' Day

Happy Mothers' Day to all our North American Mothers.

Sandy

Re: Mothers' Day

Hey, Sandy...Appreciate greatly your kind message above. I did get some roses from one son on Friday, card from other son & family, then email with picture today from daughter. However, except for the cats, I am alone. Going out to do some errands now. Ta...J

Comment

We spoke with my daughter in Ontario yesterday via Skype. My son visited and took them out for dinner. We shall be there in less than a fortnight.
      Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by sandyc View Post
        Happy Mothers' Day to all our North American Mothers.

Sandy
        I appreciate your style to wish happy mothers' day to all American mothers. I never forget to wish her mothers' day every year but these days I am missing her a lot because these days she is not with me . She is on a business trip and has fun at famous places in hawaii with my younger brother.
        Get more info on popular streets of the world.

Comment

My Mum HATED mother's day - she always said it was a gimmick to make the retailers rich. She always said, "Just ring me up...or write me a letter... or better yet come and see me, never mind what day! So that's what I always did.

Comment

Your mother was right. It was started by the Americans and is in May for them (and us). But in the UK it is in March and has been around for a few hundred years but used to be called Mothering Sunday and it was when the domestic servants got a day off to go and visit their mothers.

Elda

Comment

Originally posted by Glesgalass View Post
              Your mother was right. It was started by the Americans and is in May for them (and us). But in the UK it is in March and has been around for a few hundred years but used to be called Mothering Sunday and it was when the domestic servants got a day off to go and visit their mothers.

Elda
              I think that you will find that Mothering Sunday was the day when everyone tried to visit their "Mother Church``

Comment

Originally posted by albalad View Post
                My Mum HATED mother's day - she always said it was a gimmick to make the retailers rich. She always said, "Just ring me up...or write me a letter... or better yet come and see me, never mind what day! So that's what I always did.
                I agree,why make one day a year special for mothers,and fathers for that matter. Every day should be special for mums and dads.
                Euan..

Comment

Originally posted by albalad View Post
                  Albalad (Jone)! Your mother is absolutely right. My mother has also said that love is not for one day to show your mother. Celebrate every day as a mother's day. As she always loves me and care about myself, So, I tried my best to show her that I love her a lot and care for her.
                  Get more info on popular streets of the world.

Comment

Working...
                  X