Enigma Machine #63

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enigma Machine #63

There's one answer I don't understand in this group so I will have to be lenient this week. There is another that I would do differently.

http://www.electriccanadian.com/life...igma/EM~63.gif

So good luck!

Cheers,

Hugh

Re: Enigma Machine #63

Hey, Hugh, just got this. #6 is "happy hour", #12 is "retina". #8 is "too cute" . That's all for now! Tks, J

Comment

I'm with Joan on #6 and #12, but maybe #8 is "Cut Both Ways"? Then #1 - Three Cheers For Them; #2 - Old Tricks; #3 - Climbing Rock; #5 - Rocking Horse; #7 - Emanate and #9 - A Long Recovery. Happy Mothers Day too!

Comment

Yes, right on #6 & #12, but Rick got #8. I'm also giving Rick #5 & #9. You are close on the others Rick but they need some more work. The answer given by Doug for #9 is a long journey which I did not understand as I got the same as Rick for that one, so I'm saying we are right.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

When you post the answers you could post an alternative answer that you think is acceptable in brackets Hugh.

Alastair

Comment

What do I do with an answer that I consider in error?

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Note that in brackets after the answer.

Alastair

Comment

Hugh...I am so excited!! #11 is "conundrum". J

Comment

Right you are Joan, Congrats!

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

EM is only half done and here it is Friday. The ones left are #1, #2, #3, #4, #7 & #10. Have you given up on them already?

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hi Hugh - I'm a new member, so am not sure if it's appropriate for me to post in this forum, but would it be OK for me to have a try? cheers.

Comment

You are very welcome Albalad to take a stab at the answers as there are very few interested in this type of challenge. There are only three members that contribute so you would be a welcome fourth. All four of us use our first names on this site, so what is yours? Good luck and welcome aboard!

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hey, Hugh....I am making a large guess on #7 "implicate", #10 is "Teflon Fry pans". Am stumped on others! J
                          Last edited by FriedaKateM; 17 May 2014, 13:36. Reason: addendum

Comment

Thanks Hugh, my handle is John. Someone else has solved No. 10, so that leaves 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7, I think. My guess for No.2 would be "Up to (ones) old tricks", No. 3 could be "climbing rock", No. 4 "mayonnaise" and No. 7 "mandate". Cheers, J

Comment

Joan, you are right on #10 but I have a different answer on #7. So that leaves #1, #2, #3, #4 & #7. I am going to leave this one up a little longer.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Working...
                              X