A traumatic week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A traumatic week

Some of you will know that my eldest grandson's mother & stepfather have kept him away from me and his father for 5 years....until a week ago Sunday when I received a call at 9.30pm asking "Can you come and get me Grandma, I'm at (insert name of local club).

He's 16, almost 17 now and this is a moment I've always know would come. If I'd known what he's been going through for a number of years I would have physically dragged him away from his scumbag stepfather and horrible mother.

He begged me, in tears, not to take him back there and told me of the abuse. His father (my son) jumped on the first available flight down from Brisbane and he greeted his boy at Newcastle local airport with tears streaming down his face.

So much has happened this week. My grandson had only the clothes in which he stood up, no ID or anything. My son had to get the police involved to get Jordans wallet, ID, clothes, etc from his mothers house.

The next day we discovered that she had cleaned out his bank account all of which he earned himself as he has worked at Hungry Jacks part time for 2 years while still attending school. There's more nasty, vicious, vindictive things which she has done which is too much to go into but suffice it to say that I cannot understand how any mother could do this to her child.

He wants to stay with me to which I have agreed for the time being because I think it would be better if he was with his dad. We'll take it a bit at a time, perhaps finishing year 11 here would be better.

So, my son has been running around with him all week getting things organised to get back to school, etc. His mother wouldn't even give him his birth certificate so that was a day trip to Sydney and an extra charge to get it replaced.

As you can imagine, I'm pretty exhausted.

Elda

Re: A traumatic week

Elda,
    Hope things improve for you :redrose:
    At least your grandson is now in the safe hands of "His Ain Folk'
    Gordon

Comment

Elda,

It will be exhausting and I am so glad he is with you. My prayers are going out to your family and your grandson. He will need lots of love and I know you are the perfect person to give it to him.

hugs
      kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Great stuff Elda, i'm sure everything will work out for the best, you're working too hard on it for it to fail............good luck

Comment

Elda, things will improve, you and your son and Grandson will have a good life.
          Marie

Comment

Elda,
            As I said before, I am so happy he's finally back with you and his Dad, I knew the time would come when he would come looking for you.
            He will do wonderful under your care.
            Enjoy and try to make up for the lost years.
            Hugs!!

Comment

Gosh.. that's just terrible Elda... I hope your grandson will survive that experience.

Alastair

Comment

I am happy for you Elda that it is finally straightened out.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Elda you are a strong lady and a good grandmother, I am sorry life was so terrible for your family but with a strong heart and hand and a lot of wisdom, your family will overcome...just offer your grandson understanding the best you can..This world is terrible for teenagers ....he and your son need unconditional love.
                  Take care.
                  love. Lu

Comment

Well, got him all fixed up for school today. He starts his new school tomorrow, so he will only have missed 2 days as school only resumed after the holidays on Tuesday.
                    He apparently got a glowing report from his old school, so the teacher from the new school told me. He's a good kid. He's actually gone off to do a shift at Hungry Jack's here as the area manager knows him. However it's too far and no buses home so he will have to look elsewhere, closer to home, if he can't get a lift home. We have a 24 hour McDonalds close by plus a KFC and 2 pizza places.
                    He will also get a student allowance as he is unable to live at home. I can't afford to keep a teenager for nothing.
                    Fingers crossed that everything goes well for him. His Dad is over the moon at having his boy back, and so am I :laugh2::laugh2::cool:

Elda

Comment

This is Fantastic news!!!! Yeah them growing boys can eat ya outta house and home! Lol...it is well worth it. Glad to see you smiling again!
                      kellyd:redrose:

Comment

Originally posted by Glesgalass View Post
                        Well, got him all fixed up for school today. He starts his new school tomorrow, so he will only have missed 2 days as school only resumed after the holidays on Tuesday.
                        He apparently got a glowing report from his old school, so the teacher from the new school told me. He's a good kid. He's actually gone off to do a shift at Hungry Jack's here as the area manager knows him. However it's too far and no buses home so he will have to look elsewhere, closer to home, if he can't get a lift home. We have a 24 hour McDonalds close by plus a KFC and 2 pizza places.
                        He will also get a student allowance as he is unable to live at home. I can't afford to keep a teenager for nothing.
                        Fingers crossed that everything goes well for him. His Dad is over the moon at having his boy back, and so am I :laugh2::laugh2::cool:

Elda
                        Elda, Glad to hear things are working out well for all of you. He will do well !!:smile:
                        Marie

Comment

Hi Elda,
                          he'll be OK with you behind him.
                          Sandy

Comment

Elda,
                            The world these children of this time must live through is heart breaking. For the life of me I can't understand what has happened to the most basic of life and living. "The golden rule," totally ignored. "Returning good for evil," or "turning the other cheek," is almost like a foreign language to married couples today. The pitiful children, "bless the beasts and the children," a popular song says, and it is true.

I'm happy you can deal with this and pray that everything works out for this youth of your blood.

Donna

Comment

The poor boy. I'm glad he found his way to you. Best wishes to you all!

Comment

Working...
                              X