Enigma Machine #64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enigma Machine #64

I decided mto post early to give you something to chew on for a while.

http://www.electriccanadian.com/life...igma/EM~64.gif

Cheers,

Hugh

Re: Enigma Machine #64

HI, Hugh, & all...I actually just looked at this...& have a few answers.....#1 is "yellow jacket", #2 is "green thumb", #3 is "Red Baron", #4 is Blue Blood", #5 is "silver lining", #6 is "gray matter", #7 is "Purple Heart". Some of the others are harder, especially with "iffy" colors of printing ink! Thanks, Hugh.

Cheers,
    Joan

Comment

Good start Joan, they are all right!

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Well done Joan. For #8 I am assuming this colour is pink, in which case it could be "pinkies", (little fingers). #9 could be an English mispronunciation of the French "grenouille", or frog. #12 has just got to be "old blue eyes". Cheers, J.

Comment

Right on #8 & brilliant on #12 John, but a miss on #9. That leaves only #9, #10 & #11 for Rick & Ranald.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hi, again...I have been looking again...& I think #9 is "oil of wintergreen", & think that #11 is "you're too late". John, you're doing just fine! Thanks, Hugh!

Joan
            Last edited by FriedaKateM; 24 May 2014, 13:44. Reason: addendum

Comment

Hi Hugh, I'll sneak one in while you are away..... #10 Yellowstone.

Ranald

Comment

Joan, I had the same thought as you for #11, but couldn't work out where the colour came into it. (I think it's orange.) Or it could be a red herring. Cheers, John.

Comment

Nice try Joan, maybe your oil of wintergreen should be an alternate for #9, and you are close on #11.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hi, all...I had this one once & forgot! #11 is "Aren't you too late?" Sometimes the old brain cells do not deliver!

Ta's all, Joan

Comment

Hugh - this is probably daft, but I'll stick my neck out. #9 looks to me to be a darker green than #2. Is this shade meant to be olive green? If so could the answer be "Olive Oyl"? (Popeye's girlfriend.)

Comment

A very quick group this week! I'm with Ranald on #10, and would have left #9 at plain old "Olive Oil".

Comment

Yes Rick, you're probably right - told you mine was daft! :crazy:

Comment

I suppose we all have to be a bit daft to match wits with Hugh week after week, but it sure is fun and you meet some great people!

Comment

Some brilliant answers this week. Joan you got that one OK, I thought that one would be hard. And Olive Oyl is exactly right John. Sorry Guys, #10 would have been the same color as #1 but it isn't so Yellowstone is not the answer. I'm not the one you are matching wits with, it's Doug Ross who dreamed these up but thanks for the compliment. So get working on #10.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Working...
                              X