Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70th anniversary of D day, the Allies' invasion of the beaches of France...a day that lives in infamy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70th anniversary of D day, the Allies' invasion of the beaches of France...a day that lives in infamy...

This day today is weighing heavily on me, as although I was very young at the time, my whole life as a child was "bent" by my father's being in the military. I do not know much about his WWII service, though I do remember his calling us (at night), when he was just a disembodied voice to me. I did know he was my dad even as young as 3 yrs. old. My father went to Okinawa on a troop ship, & luckily the war ended while he was enroute to Okinawa. There's been two very good shows/movies on TV regarding this day. I would hope that all of us here do remember this world happening as something to be honored, or revered.

His very last assignment as an officer was at Langley Air Force Base, in Hampton, VA. After leaving the Air Force, my dad taught school at a school in Cincinnati, Ohio. That's all I've got for now. Thanks for hearing me! Joan :redrose:
Working...
X