Ian Rankin Interview with Waterstones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Rankin Interview with Waterstones

I found this online, & wanted to see it & also share it with all of us on ES. I have probably got most of his books!....Joan:shamrock:

Re: Ian Rankin Interview with Waterstones

So have I.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

I like Ian Rankin also, there is a good [3 page] article on him in the February 2014 issue of "The Scots Magazine',,,,,,,,,,,,, worth reading.

Gordon.

Comment

To all Ian Rankin fans...The only problem I've had with his writing, is that he had a "Malcolm Fox" in, for a couple of books. I personally didn't like him very much. Just my own opinion. Joan

Comment

Joan, if you like Ian Rankin then you'll probably like some of the books by Campbell Armstrong with stories based in Glasgow. I can't recall the name of any at the moment but he did write a series of them. Campbell was from Glasgow and I knew him at school. He unfortunately died last year. I'll see if I can find some references online.

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show...bell_Armstrong

Elda

Comment

I'll admit that I hadn't heard of Ian Rankin, but I'm a bit behind the times when it comes to novels - haven't finished reading all my A. J. Cronins yet! Sounds like an interesting man though, I'll look out for his books if you recommend them.

Comment

John, they are better if you read them in chronological order as you get a better idea of Rebus' career with the police. The non Rebus tales can be read any order.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

I do agree, Hugh, that it aids one's "understanding" of Rebus' character, IF you start with one of the first ones. I believe I read STRIP JACK more or less first. However, it's been several years since that I've read them! I would suggest that people interested look for his website. I'll get it up with a next entry. Tks, Joan

http://www.IanRankin.net/

There it is....there's a forum for folks to discuss books, etc. However, I noted another time, that their web site also had a lot of spammers (at that time!)

Hope to hear IF anyone gets on there, and/or what is your favorite Rebus??? J
                Last edited by FriedaKateM; 17 June 2014, 21:15. Reason: addendum

Comment

Here is a little touch of "Rebus" for John to watch.

Comment

Thanks for that, Gordon, gripping stuff! I don't remember that programme being screened here, but it looks as though it might be along the lines of Taggart, which was one of my favourites. (I think it was set in Glasgow, from memory.)
                    Now I'll have to go and hunt about on You Tube to see if I can find the next bit!
                    John.

Comment

Working...
                    X