What to do with New 7" Tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with New 7" Tablet?

I recently gave in & bought a new tablet, Samsung Galaxy 3. I've set up some stuff such as realtor sites, mahjong games, Pandora radio, WebMD, etc. Would appreciate some suggestions from our gang, in regard to apps, or whatever that will fit on a 7" Android tablet. I am having fun with it!! I also can read some Google Play downloaded books on it.

Thanks, Joan

Re: What to do with New 7" Tablet?

Not too sure what is available to you in the US but there are probably some TV channels that you can access too. Just go into the 'Store' and look around. Even if you download something that you find you don't want you can always delete them.

Sandy

Comment

You could put a Golf GPS app on it...
      Or maybe a calorie counter App for when you buy that block of chocolate...:sly:
      Seriously though, go to the app store, (you should have the icon on the home screen) and you will find thousands of apps. Some you may have to pay for(usually just a couple of $$) but there are many free ones to download.
      Euan..

Comment

Thanks, Euan, for your suggestions!! I am trying to work the process out with tablet, "without" asking any of my kids!!! They all have their own lives. (I just might tell my eldest grandson!) Ta, ta for now.

Joan

Comment

I've been "playing around" with the new tablet, and have discovered several mahjong games, & just yesterday downloaded a site w/TED talks, which is quite interesting. Also read a good bit in The Daily Beast. I also enjoy Pandora, a site which, I guess, streams radio...which one can put down their main "likes", & have that coming up behind, say, playing mahjong. I did not think I'd really truly LIKE the tablet, but didn't want to be left behind on learning new tech. My grandkids all have Apple I-pads, & tend to sit around & play their own games. I do believe that all of our technology today tends to make kids & others be more isolated, & perhaps not learn about social behavior! I am already alone, so it doesn't seem to affect me in the same way.

Thanks, Joan

Comment

Joan,if you have not already noticed,you will most likely not be able to play any of the games on ES. They require "flash" which is not supported on the android platform,you could download a program that allows you to play flash games, however I don't have much success with it myself.
            Euan..

Comment

HI, Euan...I mainly visit/and or/ play games on ES on my desk top computer. The only games I play on the Samsung Galaxy 3 android are the ones offered "for free" on their apps (Google Play & Samsung Apps). However, since I already had some books on Google +, they as well have shown up on the tablet. (I don't "talk" to anyone on Google +(or Google Play ???), just had some books downloaded on main computer. I am pretty well satisfied with the tablet overall.

Thanks, Joan

Comment

Working...
              X