Favourite Television Viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favourite Television Viewing

I did see many of the "Larkrise" episodes (the boss likes them~~). The actors are mostly well known and respected. We just seem to get so many of this type of show and that is what makes me stop watching~~~

This weekend we have another new Taggart, and a new Last of the Summer Wine.
    These will be the last series of these shows, but I am sure they will be around in reruns for many years to come.

Incidentally did anyone notice that "Allo, Allo" was sold to German TV not that long ago? I wonder what the reaction was to it over there~~~?
    Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by sandyc View Post
      Incidentally did anyone notice that "Allo, Allo" was sold to German TV not that long ago? I wonder what the reaction was to it over there~~~?
      Sandy
      Good question! Was it translated into German or sold as is? It would be hard to appreciate fully unless you were English speaking.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Here is one that is really funny.........the cast is top class and they have all appeared in many other great TV series over the years.

The Good Life: Series 1 Episode 1 (Part 1 of 3)

*Plough Your Own Furrow*

Sick of his job, Tom resigns and with his wife, Barbara, decides to give self-sufficiency a go by turning their garden into a farm.

The Good Life: Series 1 Episode 2 (Part 3 of 3)

*Say Little Hen ...*

Barbara and Tom are starting up their menagerie by bringing home a goat for milk. Meanwhile, Margo is concerned for their neighbours' decision to go self-sufficient. In an attempt to get Tom back to work, Jerry invites his boss round for dinner with the Goods.

There are plenty of episodes on Youtube :cool:

Comment

This one I remember and I was a regular viewer at the time it was on.

Alastair

Comment

And now to cross to Foreign parts :shamrock: :laugh2:

Ballykissangel-Opening scene

We meet Peter, Liam, Donal, Brendan, a confessional falling from the sky--and also one of the best theme songs ever written.

Ballykissangel Funniest Moments - 'For One Night Only'

Ballykissangel Funniest Moments - 'The Reckoning'

Some of the funniest moments from the Ballykissangel episode 'The Reckoning'. I always forget in all the Peter and Assumpta drama that it's actually one of the funniest episodes.

I love the judge in this - wish he'd been in every episode. But remember - "it was a private party"!

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh View Post
              Good question! Was it translated into German or sold as is? It would be hard to appreciate fully unless you were English speaking.

Cheers,

Hugh
              I do believe it was translated into German...
              Not too sure how well the "language comedy" would translate.
              Sandy

Comment

Here's a show i wouldn't miss for anything...even now if they put it back on...

Euan..

Comment

Helen Mirren Prime Suspect.

Marie

Comment

Helen Mirren is a great Actress..........

Helen Mirren - Age Of Consent

Age of Consent, 1969, by Michael Powell

Comment

Here is Helen Mirren in a recent film........we just watched it two days ago......and really enjoyed it :cool::cool:

State of Play- Political Thriller

Release date: April 17, 2009

Genre: Political thriller

Cast: Russell Crowe, Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams, Robin Wright Penn, Jason Bateman, Jeff Daniels and Helen Mirren

Last edited by 1938 Observer; 26 July 2010, 21:07. Reason: changing clip

Comment

I keep remembering various series that I enjoyed (Just so many :wink:)

Spooks

Spooks (MI5): Shoot Out A tense shoot out situation from the Spooks MI5 team

Comment

Spooks (MI5): Hit Him Again, Ruth

Ruth takes a tough stance on negotiation.

Comment

Dennis Waterman - I could be so good for you

A video celebrating the legend that is Dennis Waterman. Basically, a bunch of images to his song 'I could be so good for you', the theme tune from Minder.

many visual memories on this one...

Comment

New Tricks Intro (Series 1)

---------------------------------------------------------------

New Tricks | Wicca Works - Pt 1

Stephanie Beacham guest-stars in an episode of "New Tricks". Series 3, Ep 5 "Wicca Works" (2006).

Rossiter, a librarian, had been a member of a coven when he died 10 years ago. There were few clues as to the cause of his death. The team has to infiltrate the coven and speak to other members in order to get answers. But the investigation leaves them all feeling very uneasy.

With barely any leads, Sandra (Amanda Redman) takes the team to Richmond Park, the scene of Rossiter's death. A young woman, Grace Woodford (Poppy Miller), appears unexpectedly at the scene, clearly distressed and accompanied by her therapist. Also part of the coven, Grace remains traumatised by Rossiter's death although has little memory of the sequence of events leading up to it. But Grace is able to provide the names of other coven members, including Rhoda Wishaw (Stephanie Beacham), a white witch living in Ashdown forest.

The case takes another sinister turn when Brian (Alun Armstrong) visits the library where Rossiter used to work and makes a startling discovery.

Comment

House of Cards

This was a classic series, the dialogue and delivery are superb............the late

Ian Richardson is a master of the craft of acting in the character of

F.U................Francis Urquhart....firstly as Chief Whip and subsequently as the

Prime Minister.

The introduction to House of Cards, part of the first episode in the House of Cards trilogy.

House of Cards- FU has a private chat with you

FU's "considerable, if not entirely valiant" efforts to topple the Prime Minister culminate in success

Comment

Working...
                                X