House For Sale....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: House For Sale....

HI, Elda...Do you know what a condominium is? That's the first step in knowing how I live. We have a homeowner's association, have to pay a fee each month for outside upkeep, swimming pool usage, regular maintenance to sidewalks, parking areas, grass cutting. A lot of condominiums are like apartments in their composition, i.e., two down & two up. However the particular one I bought, is 988 square feet on ground level, with its location in between, on each side, one other condo to north, and another condo to south. I am in the middle, which aids in insulation. I also have 988 square feet down in the basement, where my laundry area is located, plus another bathroom, and a storage area, & what was called another bedroom. I have two bedrooms up here on level, but use the 2nd one as my study, where I am at present time. I do have my two kitties with me, & they sleep down in the basement at night. I need my beauty sleep so badly!!??!! Ha! I live within ten minutes of large area of shopping for groceries, &/or anything else one needs. I certainly don't use a lot of gasoline in my vehicle. Also am within about 20-30 mins. of my daughter. I have made a few acquaintances & about one or two friends. I am planning on using our swimming pool as it's right across the street. Perhaps I'll get into shape! Ask a few questions specifically, & will answer them. Cheers, Joan

Comment

Sounds a lot like the retirement village where we live but we don't have basements here in Oz. We pay a monthly maintenance fee too but it also covers fittings in the house eg if the hot water system, oven etc break down it either gets fixed or we get a new one.

Elda

Comment

HI, to All...Upon my re-reading the above comments, I realized that I did not mention the fact that I actually own my condo here. I am not too near to totally feeling "at home" here yet. I just have mainly become accustomed to where I live now. Still working on my genealogy as well. Otherwise, I am basically doing all right. Joan

Comment

HI, again....a very quick answer to all...Now I have been here at my condo for TWO YEARS! Time certainly does fly! With my working as volunteer with an animal adoption foundation, I am making a few friends, & having a better time overall. I will be working as a poll worker hopefully soon (November), but have to pass the learning part of doing so in 4 days. So, overall, am enjoying my life here in Hamilton, Ohio. My cat also likes it, as she lies on her cat tree in front of the living room picture window, & watches everything outside. Take care, you all. Joan

Comment

Good to hear you're getting settled Joan and making new friends and it helps when your cat is enjoying it too <grin>

Alastair

Comment

HI, again to all....Just this week, on Monday evening, I, as a poll worker, aided several others in setting up a polling location here in Hamilton, Ohio, at a school gym. Then the next morning, "showed up" @ 05:30 AM to once again work as a "check-in judge" plus a lot of other chores. What struck me about this whole experience of our USA voting, is that many of our voters said to us poll workers..."Thank you for helping us to vote!" That was so wonderful to hear, as this was an extremely tiring project. We did not finish Tuesday till after about 8:30 PM. Needless to say, I did NOT do much at home on Wednesday. All of our friends on here, should really try doing this, as it is quite a patriotic thrill to see & help with. We had a count of over 700 voters at my location. Thanks, Joan (PS: Of course, prior to doing this job, I had done training at our Board of Elections.)

Comment

Working...
              X