Enigma Machine #75

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enigma Machine #75

There are some dandies here this week. I think some should be redrawn.

http://www.electriccanadian.com/life...igma/EM~75.gif

Cheers,

Hugh
    Last edited by Hugh; 10 August 2014, 12:29.

Re: Enigma Machine #75

Hello, All...I just printed this off, & believe I have some answers: #2 is "Forever Amber", #4 is The Sea Around Us", 5 "Second Sight", #8 is "The Egg & I", #12 is "Altered View" , #10 is "Lolita", #6 is "Once is Enough" . I agree that #2 is off with the blue background. & Lolita is weird. Tks, Joan
    Last edited by FriedaKateM; 10 August 2014, 13:47. Reason: addendum

Comment

Hi to all - I won't be much help in this week's enigma; I mostly read very old books and my knowledge of contemporary literature is limited. (I certainly wouldn't compete with Joan in this field!) The only one which leapt out at me was #1 "The Green Years". For #6 I remember reading a novel called "Once is not enough". (I thought once was plenty.) #7 would seem to suggest "The Journey of the Sacred Warrior", although it doesn't really fit.
      That's all I have - cheers all, John.

Comment

Good start Joan & John. Between the two of you, you have solved #1, #2, #4, #6, #8 & #10. So there is lots left to solve.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

I'm with Ranald on this one, but may "A Warrior's Journey" for #7 - dreadful Bruce Lee stuff. #5 could be "Second Sight" and something about "Interview" inn #12. I'm not often near the internet for the next while, but will kick in as possible. Enjoy!

Comment

Your #12 is on the right track Rick, but the others aren't. This is one that I thought needed redrawing. I would describe the 'AL' in the picture as fat.

Cheers,

Hugh
            Last edited by Hugh; 11 August 2014, 12:44.

Comment

OK, I'm back again. Thanks to Hugh's clue.....#12 is "Fatal Interview". By the by, many of these books are fairly old!!! Such as the Egg and I, by Betty Smith. That was slightly before my own birth!!! And I've never read any of them except her book! My parents were up tight about me reading something like "Lolita", which have never read! Tks, Joan

Comment

Yes Joan, that's right. Despite not knowing these books, just treat them like any other EM puzzle, they are that simple.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hi again Hugh - I'm not sure I agree that many of these enigmas are all that "simple"... but Ill try your advice and make another few attempts. #3 "Candy", #5 "Foresight and aftersight") (sounds like a good book title to me), #7 there was a film made here a few years ago called "Warriors Way", but I don't Know if it was based on a book. #9 could be "(something) Winds". #11 "Sons (and lovers)?".
                  Cheers, John.

Comment

Good tries John, #3 & #11 (just sons) are right and part of #9. I think #5 should have been shown as "SITE SITE" to be more accurate.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

HI, all...I am going off the clue above, #11 is "Second Sons". I'm stumped on the others.

Thanks, Joan

Comment

That wasn't a clue, that was the answer to #11 "Sons", exactly like the clue 's on s'. #5, #7 & #9 are left. I thought you might pick up the clue for #5. I will add that one of the connectors in #9 is 'and' and in #7 is 'among'.

Cheers,

Hugh
                        Last edited by Hugh; 16 August 2014, 14:24.

Comment

Hi Hugh, a bit lost with what's found.... but how about #5 Double sight and #9 Journey among warriors ?

Ranald

Comment

You got #7 Ranald, way to go! I think Doug's clue misled every one in #5.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Based on your clue, Hugh, the nearest thing I can find for #9 would be "Random Winds", so I'll go for that. Going by your re-spelling of #5 it could be something like "Situations". - John.

Comment

Working...
                              X