Enigma Machine #80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enigma Machine #80

These are pretty straightforward again this week so have fun.

http://www.electriccanadian.com/life...igma/EM~80.gif

Cheers,

Hugh

Re: Enigma Machine #80

Here's Joan.....I am surprised that I'm on first! #4 is "raddled brain" (or rattled), #5 all of them= "needle", #6 is "shape up or ship out", #9 is "four part harmony", #11 is "it's not over till the fat lady sings", #12 is "runner bean". I also think that it's possible that #10 is "layette" (for a baby!!!), #2 is "monkey business". See you in the funny papers...!! Joan

Comment

Joan you got #2, #5 (although the correct answer is needles), #9 & #11 and you need a little more in #12. Good start!

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

HI, Hugh... How about "red runner bean" in #12? Also, where is everybody else??? Joan

Comment

Right you are Joan! Yes it's a little quiet on EM this week.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hi to all... Hugh, was Joan right on #6? That's the answer I had anyway.
            Joan, you missed #1 "Shopping spree". (Thought that would have been a cinch for the women-folk!) #7 looks like "The Last Post" and #10 "Launderette" (although we call them laundromats.) - Cheers all, John.

Comment

Yes, Joan was right on #6 and you were 100% again John. That leaves #3, #4 & #8.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hi Hugh, I'll try #4 "Muddled brain" and #8 "Small (or long) circuit", but no joy yet with #3.

Ranald

Comment

Ranald you are on the right track with your answers but they are not Doug's answers. Sorry.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Originally posted by albalad View Post
                    Hi to all... Hugh, was Joan right on #6? That's the answer I had anyway.
                    Joan, you missed #1 "Shopping spree". (Thought that would have been a cinch for the women-folk!) #7 looks like "The Last Post" and #10 "Launderette" (although we call them laundromats.) - Cheers all, John.
                    Hey to John...IF I were independently wealthy, I just might go on a shopping spree, as it is, NO. Also we call them Laundromats, as well. Thanks, cheers, Joan

Comment

#4 is a common expression, the plus sign in #3 is a mathematical operation & #8 involves size.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Hugh, you have diverted me from my fruitless "land" explorations, so I'll try #3 "Laddie". - Cheers, John.

Comment

Hugh...How about #4 "addled brain"? Thanks, Joan

Comment

Right you are John as usual, only #4 & #8 left.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Sorry Joan, but that's not the expression I was expecting.

Cheers,

Hugh

Comment

Working...
                              X